Sign in to follow this  
rock jeep

Cutting Through Vinyl

Hello All. I've been cutting decals for about 3 years. I was cutting some decals this morning, and all was fine. Then out of the blue, my needle starts cutting completely through the vinyl. I haven't done anything different. The needle wasn't loose and it's fairly new, just changed it about 3 weeks ago. I've only done a few small decals since I changed it, so I doubt it's dull. I've never had this happen before. Anyone have any idea why it would just start doing this?

check your cutting strip fro gouges, make sure cutting strip is firmly down all the way across. Make sure the carriage head is firmly in the track.  Make sure there is nothing in the blade holder. vinyl etc.   Reset your blade depth.  Make sure your force hasn't changed. Make sure blade tip isn't broken.  Different vinyl and vinyl thicknesses, will cause problems.

Thanks for the help! My husband checked all of that and it started working, but he doesn't remember what he did to make it right....LOL  I think it was the force, though. :)

I think it was jerry from signblazer that said more force and less blade - if it is cutting thru the backing you can be sure you are using too much blade

• Like 1