xpaperman

.eps file won't open in Sign Blazer

I have a .eps file that I got from a customer that won't open in SB.  It will open in Corel 3 for me but I need to cut it in SB.  I tried to open it in Corel and export it back out as an esp but it defaults the save to a .pvw file.  

Can any one help?

logo-final-feb-2013.eps

.pvw is a preview file - you should be able to export it back out of corel 3 to get it to work

dakota, as I mentioned, I tried to export it back out of corel.  It did not work for me.  I also tried your file, it too did not open in SB.  When I go to import the file in SB, It starts to load, the little green bar at the bottom starts moving right but stops half way and returns to black like it is done but the screen is still blank.

That was exported out of issustrator as a cs2 .eps - do you have any trouble with any other files importing?

I have not had any trouble with other .eps files importing into SB.  This is the first .eps file I have received from this particular company.

I did also try and open it in Sure Cuts alot Pro.  It opened there but it didn't look right.... all the colors were gone and it didn't look right.

strange I can open it in illustrator and in flexi but can't export it to anything that will open in signblazer

I'm at a loss - tried saving it 10 different ways and won't oen in my signblazer either

Well, I do appreciate your help.  Maybe someone else will stop buy and try.  I have opened it in corel and converted to a bitmap.  Then exported it out and it appears to be loading in SB (it is taking awhile, the file is huge)  Will see if any luck here in a moment.

That did in fact open in SB.  However the file has changed.  If you look, the white area that says marina & resort..... the top right corner of that area is missing some blue.  And if you look at the right side of the image it appears the blue has shifted....?  Weird

Jay I am at a loss as that is the same thing I tried - then I tried earlier versions - but have to admit I am an illustrator novice

Jay I am at a loss as that is the same thing I tried - then I tried earlier versions - but have to admit I am an illustrator novice

The only thing I use Illustrator for is to convert .ai files or newer .eps files to versions 8 .eps files.

Has anyone looked at this graphic in wireframe mode? I thought I'd give it a shot to see if it would load in SB after a Corel X3 export. This graphic is a total mess with multiple objects on top of each other and small objects that should be part of the larger blue, etc... After moving some things around, I realized that it would be hours of work to make this into a cuttable vector. Don't waste your time in trying to make it import into SB since it needs so much work before it even comes close to being cuttable... Sorry... :blink::mellow::bear:

I noticed the same thing.  This was provided to me from the customer.  It came via his "graphics company" who designed the logo.  They sent it to me as is claiming it to be a "ready to cut .eps image".  Wonder what he paid for that?  LOL   anyway, I had another member on here help me with it and he fixed it up no problem and we are past the problem.

Scale it really large in Illustrator then convert it to a raster image. Trace that raster image and it will look great.

That was VERY nice of someone to fix that up and glad to hear it. You really can find great people on this forum!

• Like 1