motoxchic

CE6000, some awesomeness and some frustration

Coming from a value cutter, this is of course a totally different animal.  For one, I like a hard copy users manual for such a big learning curve.  Yes, I could print all 260 pages, but I am sure I dont need ALL of them, lol.  I dont know if its just me, but it seems kind of all over the place, esp with all the references on the right side of each page.  I feel like I am going in circles trying to figure out what the heck things mean.

I have a huge banner job and just started cutting some logos...the first layout is 9' long, and the tracking is AMAZING.  By the end, it is as straight as the first cut.  Awesomeness.

I have managed to load the media, set an origin point and work with 2 conditions (1 outdoor & 2 pen).  At the moment I really only need out/indoor and pen.  There are so many settings on here, I hope I am on the right track to do in/outdoor vinyl quickly.

Has some issues with the Y Position Alarm, but I think my layout was just slightly too wide (at 23.18").  I still need to look into how wide my layout can be, but reducing the width fixed it.

I know I have a lot to learn, but so far I am pretty happy with the cutter.  Just need to figure out the things I need to setup permanently (like the whole media/roller sensor settings for one) and the things I need to check or set for each cut job (conditions, origin, etc).

ETA: Oh, and I am doing something different than the manual suggests.  When loading the media, I lock the roll, pull it tight and set my rollers down, then I unlock it, roll out a bunch of vinyl for the cut, then lock it again.  It seems to keep the roll from continuing to let out vinyl when there is already enough pre fed.  The manual says to keep it unlocked while cutting...

I put my cutter at all times, on condtion 9, Indoor/outdoor doesn't matter.  It is the thickness of the vinyl that matters.   I never use other conditions and don't  plan to.  going on 7 years now.  If your not using your Graphtec cutting controller, then you should be ,makes life easy..  If I use a thicker vinyl. I just use more force.  I have a piece of tape stuck on my cutter for chrome vinyl force numbers.  The rest is just changed, with each job, or never changed for the job,, on the Graphtec Cutting controller.  I think your making it too hard for yourself. 

I load my vinyl. set my carriage to the far right of the vinyl.  and prefeed and back  the vinyl  for the order. Hit enter. That's it.  Click cut in my cutting software....

The only things I ever change is my speed and force, And that is according to the job I am doing...

I have never used the pen for any reason...

• Like 1

I was hoping I might be making it harder than it needed to be!  (kind of my personality/character flaw, lol).  I looked up the Cutting Controller and downloaded it.  Will install and check it out.  I did not have that!   Since you mentioned it...I do have some Chrome to cut, what do you use for Chrome?  I have conditions 1-8. 

#1 is

CB09U blade

30 speed

14 force

2 Acceleration

ETA:  The Controller is telling me it cant communicate.  The only download Graphtec has is for the 5000, maybe that is it?

go to Graphtec America support,  it is there..as long as you have windows.... look under drivers and downloads  for the CE6000

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/

ok use the one for this blade,  But you can change force and speed with your cutting controller

CB09U blade

I use Avery chrome

OMG, that is MUCH better!!  No where in my shipping docs, CD, etc did it mention or install the controller.  That is totally better, thank you.  What settings do you change for cutting chrome..I have some Orafol, hoping its not too tricky!

One other question, seems it is hard to weed the far left 1/3 of the cutter.  The middle and left side (where the blade starts) I could weed with my eyes closed (more awesomeness).  I have done 2 9-12' layouts and they were both the same issue.  Nice, barely there dent in the backing, settings are on the above #1, 45 deg blade (have some Clean Cut blades I need to put in though).

AHHHH!  And a list of the settings!  I have been looking for this. 

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p540/ebaypics00/Capture_zpsc8c686b4.jpg

THANK YOU THANK YOU!  Funny, that little 4mb program is a massive help and time saver :)

Your welcome....Yes, it is a massive help..  and time saver...I do everything from there..  Just pre feed your vinyl and go..

Your welcome....Yes, it is a massive help..  and time saver...I do everything from there..  Just pre feed your vinyl and go..

Yep, I can see why.  Its nice to have everything in front of you rather than navigating the cutter menu.  My schedule is crazy right now, and I have been a little stressed about learning this machine at the beginning of a big job, lol.  You are a lifesaver!!  :D:thumbsup:

Really you don't need much more, or to have to read a whole user manual..  I don't do any changes on my cutter.  and I only use 1  condition to cut with... Your welcome, 

• Like 1

OMG, that is MUCH better!!  No where in my shipping docs, CD, etc did it mention or install the controller.  That is totally better, thank you.  What settings do you change for cutting chrome..I have some Orafol, hoping its not too tricky!

One other question, seems it is hard to weed the far left 1/3 of the cutter.  The middle and left side (where the blade starts) I could weed with my eyes closed (more awesomeness).  I have done 2 9-12' layouts and they were both the same issue.  Nice, barely there dent in the backing, settings are on the above #1, 45 deg blade (have some Clean Cut blades I need to put in though).

I use Avery chrome,  which is thicker then regular vinyl.. My cutter is the older sister to yours, it is the FC model, so it already has more power...You just have to do test cuts to get the correct cutting depth..   It would probably help if you turned the speed of your cutter down...I never run over 6-7 speed.  I get nice smooth cuts...

The Graphtec cutting controller is on the CD, so is the Cutting master.  Put with it being a new Ce6000, they may have sent the wrong cd, 

Your cutting plotter controller, looks a but different, but does the same job.  mine is going on 5 years  old

It might have been on the CD and I missed it.  The manual, and instructions are really not that easy to follow.  Good to know on the chrome.

Just to clarify, I was cutting some 751 on these last 2 long pieces and that is where the weeding was harder on the left 1/3 side of the cutter.  I will play with the settings on this next run and see if its better.

Having some issues with the Controller.  After sending the info to the cutter, it wont cut.  Controller also froze on me a couple time.  Cutter is trying to clear the buffer, but its been doing it for 5 minutes.  Might have to call them tomorrow to see whats up. 

My cutting controller has a choice in the upper left corner of use Plotter setting  or check use controller settings.  It has to be on use controller settings.   If not there, look else where for it.

I wish they would come out with that for the Mac.

:( oh bummer, sorry, I totally thought that would help you out.