xpaperman

4x8 coroplast supplier

I took a job for some large coroplast signs.  I got home and jumped on us cutter only to learn they don't do 4x8 sheets :-(  I then checked with my "back up" place.... they only go to 4x4. 

HELP..... who has a supplier for 4x8 sheets at a fair price?  I need 3 but will buy 5.  I could buy more to meet a minimum if needed.

Thanks in advance for input and help.

Never thought of that ...... I think I did see it there but I think it was a bit pricey.  I will check with them since I only need a couple.  Still would like to find  another place tho......THANKS!

LOL, wouldn't ya know it.... Home Depot is out of stock on 4x8 online..... Guess I will check locally at the store.  The price didn't seem too bad

Update......

I found places online ranging in price from 11.50 a sheet to over 20 bucks a sheet.  Home Depot online sells it for 11 change but is "out of stock"  The best price I found was 11 change online but minimum order was 15 sheets (about 180.00 bucks plus freight) so probably over 200 bucks.  I took dakotas suggestion and called the place recommended.  They are in Dallas (a 2 hour drive from here so not worth the trip to pick up).  The lady said it was 36.00 a sheet.  I told her that was too high as HD and another place online had it for 11.49 so I would just get from them.  She asked me to hold on because they do price matching.  She then returned with a price of 16.49 a sheet......LOL that ain't price matching! 

Any way, she said she only had 4 in stock.  Now she has my attention because I only need 3 so now I am off the hook on the minimum order right!?  We chatted for a few minutes why she asked about my business and what I do.....

I told her I would take the 4 sheets but was concerned about the cost of the shipping, again she asked me to hang on..... She returned to the phone with this......

Well sir, since you are a new customer and this is your first order, we can do, we can give them to you at 12.49 a sheet, and we will deliver them to you for FREE!

What?  Holly crap... ok.  So now, for a 50 dollar order, they are going to send a truck 2 hours each way for delivery on the very chance this could be my only order.

Wow.  They are also forwarding me a catalogue with product and pricing since they are a full line sign supplier.  I hope their pricing is good as they deserve more orders from me for going out of the way for me on my first order!

• Like 1

I was pay less than $9 a sheet for white last summer before Grimco bought out my supplier. Now it's close to $17 a sheet. Contacted Glantz and waiting for a response right now. Anyone in SC want to share some supplier info for sheet goods as everything I used to buy is at least 30% higher through Grimco.

Jay

This is where i buy all of mine from they have a dealer in Spokane which is about a hour and 45 min away in the summer.

www.lairdplastics.com

Laird Plastics now owns US Cutter.

• Like 1

Wow nice i love doing business with them or at least the supplier in Spokane.

there are no plans to merge the two,USC will continue to operate as an independent company with few changes.

there are no plans to merge the two,USC will continue to operate as an independent company with few changes.

would make sense to have the distribution centers carry the usc stuff for quick shipment . .  . just sayin

• Like 1

Update......

I found places online ranging in price from 11.50 a sheet to over 20 bucks a sheet.  Home Depot online sells it for 11 change but is "out of stock"  The best price I found was 11 change online but minimum order was 15 sheets (about 180.00 bucks plus freight) so probably over 200 bucks.  I took dakotas suggestion and called the place recommended.  They are in Dallas (a 2 hour drive from here so not worth the trip to pick up).  The lady said it was 36.00 a sheet.  I told her that was too high as HD and another place online had it for 11.49 so I would just get from them.  She asked me to hold on because they do price matching.  She then returned with a price of 16.49 a sheet......LOL that ain't price matching! 

Any way, she said she only had 4 in stock.  Now she has my attention because I only need 3 so now I am off the hook on the minimum order right!?  We chatted for a few minutes why she asked about my business and what I do.....

I told her I would take the 4 sheets but was concerned about the cost of the shipping, again she asked me to hang on..... She returned to the phone with this......

Well sir, since you are a new customer and this is your first order, we can do, we can give them to you at 12.49 a sheet, and we will deliver them to you for FREE!

What?  Holly crap... ok.  So now, for a 50 dollar order, they are going to send a truck 2 hours each way for delivery on the very chance this could be my only order.

Wow.  They are also forwarding me a catalogue with product and pricing since they are a full line sign supplier.  I hope their pricing is good as they deserve more orders from me for going out of the way for me on my first order!

Thats why I like buying from my local suppliers. They always appreciate answering the phone and work with you to get the sale. You wont get that from most online stores. 

I know my guys might cost me more up front but I get the product that day, Its right down the street, and I keep the money in the community helping a small business. Its a no brainier for me. Oh I usually walk out with a freebie every time too. Its usually something small like an extra squeegee but free is free and it keeps me coming back.

Try to keep shopping with them, or find another local supplier to give your money to. It means more to "mom and pop".

I noticed full sheets of coroplast on USCUTTER site about a month ago but you had to buy large qty. I wonder if this coincided with the buyout by Laird Plastics?

Jay

I noticed full sheets of coroplast on USCUTTER site about a month ago but you had to buy large qty. I wonder if this coincided with the buyout by Laird Plastics?

Jay

No,it has always been that way..reason is size....anything that big has to ship freight and the cost difference is not that much for 5 or 20.