Dgaree

Trouble cutting/weeding glitter heat transfer vinyl

Hello everyone! I am having trouble cutting and weeding heat transfer vinyl. It is almost impossible to see the cuts to weed. And when I try to weed it does not want to let go. I have tried a lot more pressure, but still having trouble. Do I need a special blade? I have also tried a new blade.

Does anyone have any tips to offer? I have people requesting it, but I am concerned to take orders.

Thanks!!

Adjust the blade like any other vinyl & test cut until right . A glass top table with a light underneath helps weeding . You are putting the clear side down ? You dont cut the clear part . Leave it whatever length the decal is & press .

• Like 1

It sounds to me like you might need to increase the blade depth. You don't need a special blade, a regular 45° should be fine.

SIser glitter is thicker and needs a deeper blade. Don't go crazy on pressure  with small detail work, it likes to pop off the liner. We us Siser VIdeo Flex glitter quite a bit and it sucks to work with. If something comes loose weeding it won't stick back to the backing. Generally more time consuming to weed than easyweed

Jay

Thanks everybody! I have been adding pressure. But will try to adjust the blade. Appreciate your help!

Hi,

What glitter material are you trying to cut? If it's the regular chunky glitter with a sticky backing then a 60 degree blade works best with a .50 offset. You should be in the 200 gram range with the down force. Always perform a test cut.

A few other tricks that will help. Roll the material up after you remove it from the cutter. This separates the cuts lines so you can see them more easily. To ease the weeding process, you can also put the material on the lower platen of the heat press.

I am always available for tech support. Kathleen the Siser PRO at kathleen.servais@siserna.com.

Good Luck!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am also having the same problem with the SISER Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl my blade just does not want to cut the stuff. I think it might be too dull. I order 1ft to try it out. Would the SISER VideoFlex Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl be better the price difference looks a lot better.