Sign in to follow this  
Tiff86

Multiple Page Decals - Large Items

I recently switched vinyl cutters, and am now using SCAL 3 Pro.... I like everything, but am struggling on one bit.... with my old program, I could load an image, set the size I wanted it, and when I went to cut it, and selected 100%, it would divide it into a few pages based on the size of my vinyl roll.... how is this done in SCAL?  Thanks!

They are still working on being able to tile a project that is larger than your vinyl. It IS in the works and will be available later this spring or summer as I understand it.

About the only way to do this now is to make the cutting mat the size of your vinyl and drag the image around leaving parts of it off the canvas so-to-speak. Scalp will only cut what is within the cutting mat boundary. I have done one like this as an experiment and it worked although there is not much precision to it and determining how much overlap you want is a guess at best. I drew a line on the graphic where the edge was so I could see it when I moved it for the next pass.

I am looking forward to that update when it comes out.

• Like 1