Sign in to follow this  
BrianMaruska

Embroidery Guys/Gals - What do you charge for digitization?

I don't do embroidery.. But I have a lot of customers that want to bring in their personal apparel (jackets, hats, etc.) and have them embroidered per their liking.

Been getting quotes from local suppliers to just have it outsourced locally plug margin markup..

Have had two places want to charge $75 digitization fee/design while others will only charge $25/per.

Curious to see what you guys charge?

We had a embroidery machine for about a year and make sure the person you pick to do embroidery digitazaton is good at what they do - it is much different than for cutting - thread direction and density make a huge difference on the final product - I alsways outsoursed to an experienced person for that - the 25 is more in line with what I paid.

Hi all. I've been digitizing for 15 years, with this tough economy I've had to offer free digitizing for anyone bringing the embroidery work to me. It's without the embroidery file, but I treat the digitizing as a one time fee so in effect as long as you use me - digitizing is free. if you need a copy of the tape (embroidery file) then it's $50.00 life time. check out my web page specials at: http://www.caribemb.com/SPECIALS.html And since I'm a contract embroiderer I can offer wholesale sewing prices to screen printers & sign shops. Hope I'm not breaking any rules, but this was a direct answer to the question.

• Like 1

PS: When it comes to digitizing: remember it's the price that the market will pay. There really isn't a set price, when I first started in the business I was asking $12.00/1000 stitches I would get as much as $200.00 per design. Unfortunately once manufacturers starting selling embroidery directly, that caused a flood of digitizers to come on to the market, and prices dropped. Also remember when you use a cheap online shop - it's a one time deal - any changes to the design will cost you again and again they usually give you just 48 hrs or 5 changes before you have to pay extra for modifications.

Like dakotagrafx said find someone you like, develop a healthy relationship with them, and they will be worth whatever price you pay. Like a car you can buy a Yugo really cheap, but it's still not a Mercedes Benz.