Turtlemechanic

layering graphics using registration marks

Question,

I have been playing alittle with a picture; I want to do a multi color layup

1) converted and imported to SCALP - check

2) exploded and parts moved to seperate pages, with page 1 having the registration marks and so and so- check

so this is when I realized that the different pages are not actually different layers( I can right click on the pages and see the layers associated with each page, they just don't seem to be linked together)

so now I need to start over and have everything on one page and then layers (i figured out and played with opening and closing the eye to hide layers)

How do I actually move these parts to seperate layers?

I "thought" that just exploding/seperating drawing (unweld) would create the layers that didn't seem to work

The Cad programs I can just click and change layers and continue to draw dependant on which layer is visible

Thank you

each layer has a different color and so do the reg marks, so in SCAL 

i just  to the whole job as one layer send to cutter select cut by color

cut each color by itself with the reg marks

at least thats how i do it on SCAL

this may or may not help

• Like 1

Sweet truck.....oops back on topic

I got the cut by color that will work thank you

New problem

I made 2 registration marks ( a couple diamonds) and made them a different color than the rest of the stuff

I went to cut by color, selected first color and then (from searching ;D )  hit control and the registration color to select both colors.........errrrr...Fail

So I sit and ponder, time for wine

and play some more 2morrow night

Are registration marks "anything" you make? or is there a drop down window....hidden by some force I have yet to master?

Thank you for the help so far!!!!!

I am bound and determined to get this cut this weekend..........only 4 more days LOL

add your diamonds  the hit cut by color, then hit ,cut each color separately.   now hit cut  just skip the colors you dont want to cut

so just cut   " example  red is the color you want with  green  reg marks,  so just cut red  skip  black , yellow  or what ever other color  but then  cut the green

now repeat for each color with new vinyl  loaded just skip the colors you dont want and always allow green or what ever color your reg marks are

:rolleyes:

depending on what is on that layer will depend on the area cut but the scale will be the same

Ok

I cut vinyl and it will work just had issues

I attatched screen shots with word

see I have 5 colors

Notice Black shows a solid pc, when selected it cut the entire design

and on the red instead of just the bow it cut the entire design in pink

so after weeding I had this

2013-02-20191503_zps7f732595.jpg

I invisioned having a black out line,laying white down, then pink and finish with the yellow

what am I doing wrong?

Also question on layers, do each page have it's own layers?

if so what is purpose of multiple pages for the same "job"

Thanks as always

Turtlemechanic, try this file. In your cut panel make sure you select one color and then cut, then select another color and cut and so on. In this file I removed some masks that were there, removed some outlines, removed the solid white background, compounded the nose and eyes. Take note how the registration marks were done and how the colors were put together. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Hello_Kitty2.eps