robodude

Disappointing Easy Weed Facts and Customer service leading to poor view of US Cutter

I bought a SC Series 25" about six months ago and just can't believe what I have been able to accomplish with it. It is awesome. In the few times I needed tech support they were there to help. I live in Washington, so I get my orders the next day which is great. In general I am a big USCutter supporter. 

I feel like I burn through a lot of easyweed at 10 yards of white a month at least. Plus other colors. In November I was considering buying the 50 yard roll so I didn't have to order as frequently, but then I got the most difficult 10 yard roll to weed. On simple things that took one pull of a corner to weed before took ten minutes and fifty ripped pieces to weed now. I called right away to complain. I asked if my roll was defective and asked for a replacement. I was told by the CSR that he "never heard of that before and was nothing he can do". I toughed threw the roll. I have a disability, my hands hurt so bad from weeding that I wondered if I could do this. 

Today I was searching forums looking to see if others were having another similar problem I am having, which I will get to. But first I found a few posts where members were discussing and acknowledged the obvious and well known variation in the consistency of the easyweed vinyl. So did I get a jerk CSR who felt like I wanted a free roll? or am my expected to believe the CSR's aren't aware? Even before I felt like I was lied to I started ordering from other places. This an example of how something that wasn't USCutters fault resulted in the loss of half of my business because their Customer Service Department denied it was an issue.

I also read that others only get a 14.5 inch roll when ordering a 15 inch roll of easyweed. I noticed this right away as well. I honestly thought I was crazy. There is no way they would consistently do this. Wow, I guess I was wrong. So if I am being shorted a half of inch every time I order a yard roll. After every 30 rolls I have been officially shorted one full roll. WOW!!! Sell them as 14.5 or actually send 15 inches, but to do what has been done is definitely not a business practice I would expect from USCutter or anyone that I will give my business to. I have not received a 15 inch roll yet. Does anyone offer fifteen inch designs for sale, then only send 14.5 inches because its more practical for your roll? WOW!

Finally the reason that brought me here. The first couple easyweed rolls I got were wound so perfectly. My fifty yard roll and my most recent ten yard roll look like they were wound by a child. Seriously what is going on with this? Does the new guy wound my roll every time? I completely understand this might not be easy. I probably wouldn't do it well myself. I am customer, I pay for this product, I expect it to be done well. I should be able to use my roller and feed the roll with out it coming undone due to a loose, lopsided roll.  

I used to be happy. All I do is order stuff of the web and use it. I am a pretty easy customer. When I add these things up its seems like maybe USCutter isn't so great after all.  I would like to hear a USCutter response to this. Chime in with your favorite places to order from.

Peace 

Bob

You might not hear an official USC response on this forum . This is supplied by USC for new customers to learn . You will get better results making a ticket or calling USC again .

Peace back to you brother :) ... now as far as the chiming in . My favorite place is USC . I don't buy a ton of stuff , but they are at the top of my list . You do know that they don't make anything ?? they resell many products that can not be bought direct from the factory  ... like what you are talking about . So you will be buying whatever gets shipped from the manufacturer no matter who you buy from . BIGGEST mistake I think you made is not to test cut . My Copam has a test cut button on the front & bet your cutter does also ?? When changing rolls of any type of vinyl ( even same manufacturer ) , I do that for proper cutting a.k.a. blade exposure/sharpness . Most of the time , the little square/circle does not bother the decal & no waste at all when I reset the vinyl ( I AM cheap !!! ) . I ESPECIALLY do a test cut to make sure it is cutting " just right " when switching to reflective , specialty & heat transfer vinyl . When i do 4-get to test cut & I have trouble weeding , it is a longer time b-4 I forget to again .