Ordered a TC631 w/ Sure Cuts a Lot Pro software to cut paint masking after duscussing the machine with a sales person. The machine was inoperable and had to be returned. This put me behind schedule so I had to pay for overnight air freight for the replacement. The replacement got here and was also inoperable and to find out the software does not accept .dxf files as I was told it would before I ordered the machine and software. Supposedly the carraige was bad. A new carraige was sent and installed and it was also inoperable.

Now I am futher behind on the project waiting on yet another carraige and finding out we will have to spend up to an addditional $150 for the right software to translate .dxf files.

Had I seen the number of complaints here I would have looked for another manufacturer. The technical service people are poorly trained and have to put you on hold many times to ask some one else for answers. To date, none of the anaswers were right and the only excuse is that Fed Ex must be treating the packages roughly.

Just curious- when you say they were both "inoperable" what were the machines doing or not doing?

Also, I believe Signblazer software will import and cut .dxf files and is free software.

Also, I believe Signblazer software will import and cut .dxf files and is free software.

From my experience .dxf files are usually a problem. They were correct that you can import .dxf files. The problem is when cutting them everything is in tiny line segments.

I would have been disappointed also . I however bought 2 cutters way before taking my 1rst job . I haved learned that if counting on things going good , sometimes " Murphy's Law " enters into the situation . The most hilarious part of " Murphy's Law " is when it starts out " Murphy was an Optimist " . The right thing would to be prepared in the 1rst place so things out of your control won't mess your plans up . You could have controllled that part .

• Like 2

I have to agree, and BOTH carriages?, seems odd..I would like to know also what was inoperable?  But you were already behind, there is a learning curve to the software and the vinyl cutter. It takes time and patience, to get things rolling correctly.  While your waiting , read, read, read, there is a ton of valuable info here, that can already answer your questions.

I to am from Indiana,  so welcome...

• Like 1

That is how I took it initially Skeet , reread it & he sent the 1rst cutter back & then the carraige was supposed to be the problem on the replacement cutter  ... It would be nice to find out what was wrong on the 1rst cutter & what resolves the 2nd cutter .

It is never good to wait to the last minute to order what you need tomorrow if you do sometimes you kick your own butt . I have done it a couple times on my construction business orders and end not getting material when I needed and put myself I'm a bind .

Dan

• Like 1

It is never good to wait to the last minute to order what you need tomorrow if you do sometimes you kick your own butt . I have done it a couple times on my construction business orders and end not getting material when I needed and put myself I'm a bind .

Dan

I have been in the same boat Dan . I want to blame others , but know the bottom line was that it was my fault/responsibility :)

• Like 1