ncdecals

info on making this in corel draw

I am looking to make this in corel draw for whatever reason I can not figure it out

thnaks in advance

I need to make it to add text to it for the top and bottom of an image

post-25300-0-92732800-1361138444_thumb.j

I use corel 12 and had to make this same shape for a mc club a club a couple of months ago. The absolute easiest way I found was to draw a rectangle and convert to curve. Then in node editor right click on top line and click to curve. Now you can gran the middle of the top line and pull it up into the arc you need. Next go to each of the bottom corner nodes 1 at a time and move them towards the center of the design, this will pull the straight line on the sides into the angle you need. Now right click on the bottom line and select to curve and pull it up the same way you did the top line. To get the shape you have in your post pick the shape you just made and use your contour tool to outline the image. In the top menu under arrange it will show break contour group apart. Do this and then select everything you just made and go to arrange -- combine and your done. It took me way longer to type this than it did to make the image It's easier than it sounds, really. If somethings I said stumps you just ask and I will try to clearify better.

Thanks,

Jay

On mine, yours may be set up different. click on basic shapes on the left, then click on perfect shapes on the top. when you have the shape, play with the red node to get what you want for ends.

Hope that helps.

I never realized this was in the shapes option, kinda makes my way like a hammer and chisel my comparison. Good to know.

Thanks,

jay

You  may have to set up different click on basic shapes on the left and then click on perfect shapes on the top. when you  will have the shape, play with the red node to get what you want for ends.

On mine, yours may be set up different. click on basic shapes on the left, then click on perfect shapes on the top. when you have the shape, play with the red node to get what you want for ends.

Hope that helps.

You  may have to set up different click on basic shapes on the left and then click on perfect shapes on the top. when you  will have the shape, play with the red node to get what you want for ends.

I think your cut and paste missed a word or 2.