Sign in to follow this  
egobuster1

design doesnt seem to cut right with images

alright so im trying to cut this design for a customer of mine and i runied a sheet a vinyl because it put some weird line through a section of the design so i decided to do it with the pen and i went into cut and selected pen and it drew perfectly so i went into cut and put it on blade even tho the pen was still in there and it did the same error line again and im not sure why it would cut fine one way and not the other and i have broken the image all down and theres no underlying layers that i can see but i will attach all the images and files.

well it wont let me upload my SCAL file so ill share it by link from my dropbox account

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19095639/Untitled.scut3

post-25665-0-20240500-1361037256_thumb.j

post-25665-0-28043500-1361037259_thumb.j

It looks like a stray node and appears to need a lot of clean up on the graphic.  Look at it in wire frame and you should see it.  I cant open that link

I downloaded the link & opened it in SCALP. But found no stray nodes. I'll send it to the cutter in a few & see what happens with a pen on some paper. If you R-Click the link & save the file to your desktop you'll be able to open it in SCALP.

Yup a stray node did that.

If you notice all those little "blips" when you go to cut it in vinyl they will play havoc on your cutter. Your cutter will hate you. Delete as many nodes as you can and still have the graphic look correct. You want as little nodes as possible basically. You got some more work to do.

It worked fine in my system. No strange cuts in pen or knife mode.... Granted it might have an extra node or two, but they're not out of place or excessive. It’s an interesting design. I'm using WinXP, with SCALP Version 3.047, & a MH721 cutter. It could easily be a software or driver problem, or communication error. I started using a USB connection but found it to be too much trouble. I switched over to the old COM port routine & haven't had any trouble since. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with your design. I wish I could help troubleshoot your problem a little better. Reinstalling software & checking cables is all I can recommend at this point. Hopefully someone else here will have a few more ideas to try. Good Luck!!!!

well i discovered that SCAL has a simplify option that i guess goes through and help eliminate nodes that are needed so i went through and did that and it cut it perfect so only thing i could think of is maybe the design was just to complex and the cutter kind of freaked at that point.