Sign in to follow this  
Guest sciondrgn

Tint Film

Guest sciondrgn

Any good resources on where to get the tint film at, my brother was looking at tinting vehicles.. I saw where signwarehouse has it but just looking for other options as well.

Thx

My main profession is window tinting.

Wow, so many good choices.

It really comes down to personal preference of how the film installs, customer service from the distributor, etc.

I'm a HUGE fan of www.globalwindowfilms.com

Of course, LLumar.com has over half of the marketshare.

www.madico.com produces quality products that stand the test of time.

www.geoshieldusa.com has ceramic window films available to anyone without a giantic buy-in

You obviously can't forget 3M!  However, becoming a 3M dealer is a hard task!

Don't forget all the major companies make great products and at the same time make crappy products.  Let's just say it's like the difference between cast and calendered vinyl.

Also, if he isn't a professional window tinter.....it's a long hard road to become one.  It took me over 100 cars to produce good work and another 100 to produce good work on a consistent basis.  Then it took an additional 200~300 cars to produce great work on a consistent basis.

Even at this point in my career, if I do a 4 door car (typically 7 windows) it will take me nine to eleven pieces of film to get it done right.

Don't expect the plotter to help.  Cutting the film is the easiest part.

Guest sciondrgn

My main profession is window tinting.

Wow, so many good choices.

It really comes down to personal preference of how the film installs, customer service from the distributor, etc.

I'm a HUGE fan of www.globalwindowfilms.com

Of course, LLumar.com has over half of the marketshare.

www.madico.com produces quality products that stand the test of time.

www.geoshieldusa.com has ceramic window films available to anyone without a giantic buy-in

You obviously can't forget 3M!  However, becoming a 3M dealer is a hard task!

Don't forget all the major companies make great products and at the same time make crappy products.  Let's just say it's like the difference between cast and calendered vinyl.

Also, if he isn't a professional window tinter.....it's a long hard road to become one.  It took me over 100 cars to produce good work and another 100 to produce good work on a consistent basis.  Then it took an additional 200~300 cars to produce great work on a consistent basis.

Even at this point in my career, if I do a 4 door car (typically 7 windows) it will take me nine to eleven pieces of film to get it done right.

Don't expect the plotter to help.  Cutting the film is the easiest part.

Thanks so much! I will pass this info along to him!

Darkdan, I'm trying to start tinting.  :thumbsup: I'm having a problem with getting all of it to lay with out air gaps. Any good resourcses to help me?

read something about shirnking it first then laying it? I'm having problems with curves in the windows.