ladymare

3.047?!

I just ran the update for version 3.047 on my Mac. I can't even get the program to launch without crashing. I've tried all the basics to get it to go and nothing works. I emailed my error code off to Craft Edge. Anyone else have this issue!?! I had orders that needed out tomorrow!

I figured out how to reinstall 3.044... Guess I'll work on that til Craft Edge gets back to me. 

Humm I have 4.046 and it does not show an update is available.  I hope you get it to work.  I've mostly given up on the software except to cut with at this point.

-Scott

Humm I have 4.046 and it does not show an update is available.  I hope you get it to work.  I've mostly given up on the software except to cut with at this point.

-Scott

I've tried the early versions and updates of SCAL and now I'm just sitting back and waiting until they get all the bugs out of it, if possible, before I try it again. I have enough aggravation in my life already. I'm still doing my work in SBE.

Seems to me that USC's reason for SCALPro is to be able to package an affordable , easy for beginners software in the cutter sales . A software that has tech support & is keeping up with technology . It is much better for beginners to learn SCALPro than SignBlazer . Using SignBlazer for it's benifits is good , especially for those who know how to use it already . Learning/using any new software is a PIA . I love SignBlazer & am still hoping the evolved software will 1 day be released . Even if it is , SCALPro will stay a good tool for me . Every software has its unique benifits . USC offered SCALPro to existing customers at a sale price is in part for loyalty , in part for members to be able to help beginners & each other as this board always does .

At this point I'm not commenting on SCAL, you are welcome to see my other posts on the subject. But I have to say, even as a total Newbie, I started cutting with SB and from day one I cut professional looking stencils I join the community on the regretful way the software development was forced to stop. SB raised the bar on what budget conscience professionals could expect from software. And if the development team could figure not how to unlock SB-hotshot they would really go a long way in cementing its customer base. SCAL may get better, but there is a very high bar set by Signblazer.

DITTO, dude..... I totally agree..... The learning curve is not that bad for signblazer & the help/instruction files included are great. An unlock for SB-Hotshots would be awesome. I'll keep downloading the latest versions of SCALP, but it will be a long time before I use it to design & cut in. Right now it's just something to goof around with in my spare time & check-out any changes in the latest versions. In the mean time SBE is all I use.... :)

PS... And it's free......

At this point I'm not commenting on SCAL, you are welcome to see my other posts on the subject. But I have to say, even as a total Newbie, I started cutting with SB and from day one I cut professional looking stencils I join the community on the regretful way the software development was forced to stop. SB raised the bar on what budget conscience professionals could expect from software. And if the development team could figure not how to unlock SB-hotshot they would really go a long way in cementing its customer base. SCAL may get better, but there is a very high bar set by Signblazer.

No doupt that SignBlazer changed things for many here in 2007 when USC started packaging it with their cutters . I have tried to keep up with SignBlazer's path since Jerry's passing . Since that happned in 2008 ( ?? ) there has been NO support or tech available directly ( Color Chrome First was the parent company as Edge Craft is to SCALPro ) . Member Moby ( Mike O'Brian ) has given the most support etc & has Hot Shot versions for sale . The civil lawsuit about owning certain rights ended in both parties getting some ownership . The person who is developing the evolved software was in the floods in Austrailia last year & has had obstacle after obstacle . They are still trying . Finances & getting a major customer seems to be a part of the delay . Until an evolved software comes out , SignBlazer will stay as it is & get further dated . At some point , it will stop working with newer operating systems . It won't acccept newer EPS files now . SignBlazer was a deal because of USC , same as they have done with SCALPro , they did with SignBlazer . From Color Chrome First , it was several hundred dollars or more for Elements . The 30 day free trial kept working after 30 days & that is why it is considered free . If the evolved software is released , I was told that should change . I think the price on SignBlazer Hot Shots is $500  . if anybody is interested , contact member " Moby " .

No doupt that SignBlazer changed things for many here in 2007 when USC started packaging it with their cutters . I have tried to keep up with SignBlazer's path since Jerry's passing . Since that happned in 2008 ( ?? ) there has been NO support or tech available directly ( Color Chrome First was the parent company as Edge Craft is to SCALPro ) . Member Moby ( Mike O'Brian ) has given the most support etc & has Hot Shot versions for sale . The civil lawsuit about owning certain rights ended in both parties getting some ownership . The person who is developing the evolved software was in the floods in Austrailia last year & has had obstacle after obstacle . They are still trying . Finances & getting a major customer seems to be a part of the delay . Until an evolved software comes out , SignBlazer will stay as it is & get further dated . At some point , it will stop working with newer operating systems . It won't acccept newer EPS files now . SignBlazer was a deal because of USC , same as they have done with SCALPro , they did with SignBlazer . From Color Chrome First , it was several hundred dollars or more for Elements . The 30 day free trial kept working after 30 days & that is why it is considered free . If the evolved software is released , I was told that should change . I think the price on SignBlazer Hot Shots is $500  . if anybody is interested , contact member " Moby " .

$500 is not unreasonable for quality software, but even flexi starts at $99.00. moby should concider having a stair step pricing system. When I bought my first embroidery program the full version was over $14,000. I bought a starter program for $6,000 and over the years I upgraded, all in all I ended up with the latest full featured version and it cost me about $12,000 total. Imagine one cd and one dongle costing $12,000! But it was worth it and moby, may find it much more profitable to go that route!