I have a chance to get a MH-721 cutter very cheap. I treid to test it out but my computer would not reconize it. I have all the drivers in my computer from my first two cutters(MH-365 and MH-721) and my MH-365 portable cutter works fine. I did notice that the usb port is very loose, therefore, I believe it broke away from the circuit board. Has anyone replaced the borken usb port on this type cutter? If so, Where can I pick one up? Thanks

If you are good with a soldering iron, you should be able to do it. You can get the USB sockets/receptacle on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-MOLEX-USB-Type-B-Connector-Female-Right-Angle-Receptacle-Ship-from-USA-/280946376657?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4169b57fd1#shId

or if you have a local computer repair shop I'm sure you can get one from there.

Or you can buy a new board from USCutter for $80 bucks - it appears there are two different boards, gen 1 and gen 2, gen 1 appears

to be out of stock..

http://www.uscutter.com/US-Cutter-MH-Mainboard-Assembly-Square-USB-Port

Is going serial not an option for you?

I have the same problem.  usb b femaile(?) socket is very lose all of sudden and my computer doesn't recognize the cutter.

Would it be OK to solder exisitng socket back to the board?  if that is the problem.. or do I have to buy new one from the ebay link and solder?

Also, is there advantages to replacing the whole motherboard?  

Another question I have is I had cutter for about two years.. haven't used it that much, but also didn't take good care of it... the belt seems to be lose and it is much noisier than before.

Is there a place I can take it in for a tune up or something?  I think USCutter is in redmond?  I live in washington state also.. do they do services like this?

Thanks

Yes, you can just use a regular USB repacement socket, or even attempt to reseat the existing one, but be careful with the soldering.

Regarding the belt, just remove the left-hand side endcap (there's a few screws, easy to take the endcap off) and adjust the tensioner on the belt.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, McJoo said:

I have the same problem.  usb b femaile(?) socket is very lose all of sudden and my computer doesn't recognize the cutter.

Would it be OK to solder exisitng socket back to the board?  if that is the problem.. or do I have to buy new one from the ebay link and solder?

Also, is there advantages to replacing the whole motherboard?  

Another question I have is I had cutter for about two years.. haven't used it that much, but also didn't take good care of it... the belt seems to be lose and it is much noisier than before.

Is there a place I can take it in for a tune up or something?  I think USCutter is in redmond?  I live in washington state also.. do they do services like this?

Thanks

Does the cutter have a serial connection?  It is always better to have the value cutters on a serial cable or a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter.  That is the brand name.  Those value cutters have a cheap Chinese chipset in them . They are not TRUE USB.