livingagain75

I ran out of Oracle 751 but still have 651

I want to put new graphics on my Mustang but am afraid the 651 will harm my paint.

The surface area will be straight and I will have the design on for 1 year.

Thank you for your time.

I have some of the 1rst decals i ever made still on my vehicles ( 5 + years ) made of 651 . Only harm to paint is the paint under the decals will not fade with the rest of the paint . You will have ghost shadows when you take the decals off .

• Like 1

That's great cause I want to practice application technique with the different colors that I already have but was worried the adhesive would harm my paint job.

Thanks Roger...

YW :) . When you want to take the vinyl off , make sure it is a warm day or heat the vinyl up if cold . If the paint is good , the vinyl won't pull it regardless of temp .. if it is not , it can pull chunks of paint with it , especialy if cold . I park stuff in the sun when removing ... worth the time to let the sun heat it instead of a heat gun etc . The adhesive also comes off with the vinyl better that way .

• Like 1

If you get shadowing a good rubbing compound and polish will take care of it in a few minutes.

• Like 1

The 87 Ford truck i sold was just the opposite . Dark blue & it had been repainted by Ford under warranty because the paint was falling off . I had a buddy make me vinyl decals . I later sold the truck to a private school & I can still see my decals . Polishing & rubbing compound only brought the paint around the shadows up to as glossy as what was under the decals . Where my decals were looked new .