SurberSigns

is your business successful?

I have been operating my small vinyl business out of my house for over a year now. Business has been ok. There are the busy and non busy moments. Im currently working from word of mouth more than anything but I wanted to get some feedback or tips on how I can become successful.

Iv neen reading on google but I thought id get more answers here. I do good work.. I have people who contact me who have seen my work from other clients...

What all does it take to make good money? Should I try and invest into a digital printing machine??

What about vehicle wraps?!?

I only work off of a uscutter mk2 28 inch plotter...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Flaboy" data-cid="299839" data-time="1360628506"><p>

I have been operating my small vinyl business out of my house for over a year now. Business has been ok. There are the busy and non busy moments. Im currently working from word of mouth more than anything but I wanted to get some feedback or tips on how I can become successful.<br />

<br />

Iv neen reading on google but I thought id get more answers here. I do good work.. I have people who contact me who have seen my work from other clients...<br />

<br />

What all does it take to make good money? Should I try and invest into a digital printing machine?? <br />

<br />

What about vehicle wraps?!?<br />

<br />

I only work off of a uscutter mk2 28 inch plotter...</p></blockquote>

Mostly it takes patience hard work and perseverance . It can take years to really build a great business . Being honest , producing a good product and paying attention to customer service are essential . This is true in any service orrentied business . You can build sales by asking permission from your clients and showing / posting photos of completed jobs and don't forget about using satisfied customers as reference . Also don't forget about the social media networks as a vessel to get your name and work out to the public.

Dan

The economy being in a slump for years now isnt helping anybody . Sometimes coming out the end of a recession still in business is an accomplishment in itself . Many business don't .

• Like 3

The economy being in a slump for years now isnt helping anybody . Sometimes coming out the end of a recession still in business is an accomplishment in itself . Many business don't .

thats very true. i just didnt know if there were any tricks. i suppose just word of mouth and hopefully people see your work/prices.

• Like 1

As our MIA member Roxy used to do ... knock on doors & talk to potential customers , pass cards out & talk to anybody & everybody . I used to make up animal decals ( horse , donley , coyote etc ) with people's name inside them & give them away .

As our MIA member Roxy used to do ... knock on doors & talk to potential customers , pass cards out & talk to anybody & everybody . 

I second this. When I worked in retail years back vinyl sign makers would stop by occasionally and show us their work and advise us on what they could do for the store. 

And it worked, we ended up purchasing a full store front. So hit up the strip malls.

make flyers and business cards to pass out to people you meet. if you make your own shirts make some and wear them where ever you go, put some decals on your car to show what you can do. i had a lot of people come up to me and ask where i get my decals and that opens doors.

the strip mall thing is a good idea. lots of new ones being built around here to.. iv also ben stopping a lot of people at gas stations who have trailers and lawn services and such.