go hodags

after a month, issues developing

OK, had the program a month with nothing but good things to say about it.  However, now I am starting to have issues. 

If anyone can lend some support I would appreciate it.

1.  in one file i drew if I go to cutter, it locks up and i have to shut program down.  if I open a different file it doesn't do this?  Unfortunately, its the one I have to cut today.

2.  I was going to reproduce the file and then delete it.  Well this little "Signblazer LiveUpdate" window started popping up today too upon opening program.  The only option is to allow it, and once its done I have no way to have 2 programs open at the same time, so I can'e reproduce the file I want to.

thanks for listening, any ideas? Virus?

It cut fine for me. I have no idea without more info,what the problem might be. Did you notice any other problems,big or small,before this? Did you do the update?

i tried update, says there isn't one.  when it locks up it says "checking colors and extents" near the bottom when SB tells you what activity is going on.  I am wondering if something is outlying that is messing it up?  that is what outside the workspace is meant for though.  I just designed something else that is doing the same thing.  Does anyone else have the Signblazer Live Update popup everytime they open the program?  This just started happening and since its an .exe it makes me nervous.

thanks for the support!

bart

Sometimes I have to wonder if it's the computer itself?  When I did the SB update we had to reconfigure the cutter, it was a pain.  My husband back dated the computer BEFORE the update and it seemed to be working better.  He still had to go to  'Start' (lower left corner) than 'Run' "DEVMGMT.MSC" also making sure the configuration is the same in both the computer and SBE.

So like I said I don't know if it was truely SB or the computer itself.

Jenny

Bruce do you have any ideas why this is going on?  i pm'ed Jerry but understand he is not on for a few more days?

Please upload a SBD file that locks up the computer when you go to cut. We should be able to find out what the problem is if we can repeat it.

For the live update issue, what version of windows are you using? On some vista computers we have seen live update problems. A fix is being worked on for this. In the mean time you can right click on the SignBlazer Icon and change the target. The last part of the target will be "SignBlazer LiveUpdate.exe", you can change the last part to "sbnt.exe" so it bypasses the live update.

a229993b-24b6-46cf-b4da-85c4399daae7_46c0fc8c-5e39-4536-af9e-a75e0c1b8605_static_0_0_2008-03-13_1317.png

Everything seems to be top notch again.  Thank you for the support, its great to have help on issues like this!

Bart