Johndeerebros

I just don't understand

I want to purchase a vinyl cutter but before deciding what suits me I need some more info. I don't understand what contour cutting is and what use it would serve. Can anyone help me? I'm considering purchasing an SC or a laser point 2.

My intentions are simple:

1) do lettering for my trucking fleet

2) do numbers and sponsors for my race car

3) maybe make some t-shirts with company logo

Does contour cutting have anything to do with those three things?

If I buy a cutter that doesn't contour cut will I be sorry?

I have searched some in the forums but I am far too busy to spend days researching this one aspect.... Hope you understand and can help.

Contour cut is used to cut printed decals with optical registration marks if you don't think this will be a necessity I would not bother with it but if you think maybe in the future then go for it . Either way the cutter will cut decals just like any cutter . These are entry / value cutters and are a little more hard to get setup just right but can be done with a little reading and research how to properly set your cutter up . Many of the issues with the value cutters that I have read have came from lack of taking the time to learn their machines and setups before trying to cut .

Dan

I figured I would get the SC machine with registration but now I know I didn't need it.  I have not used it one in the nearly 1 year since I got my cutter.

5+ years of cutting vinyl & never a use for contour cutting .