CarterMarkham

Vinyl roll jumps off rollers

Don't mind Bieber in the video, its a joke video. Anyway when cutting I do give the roll some slack in the back but it just rolls back up by itself, and this is what happens. As you can hear in the video, the vinyl roll jumps right off the rollers in the back when feeding. Speed is at 30.

.Always prefeed your vinyl for the whole order.  I have never had that happen...

I guess I like slow,  I have never cut over speed 6.  I write here while I'm cutting.  just to help you,,, LOL

What is that metal clanging noise?

I will put money that he put the roller thru the roll - that is the only time I have heard of this happening

Post a video of the back of the machine while its operating so we can see the roll actually jump off, but please,

no Bieber this time.

I will put money that he put the roller thru the roll - that is the only time I have heard of this happening

Lol no, it's sitting on top of the rollers just like the setup on my LP II.

.Always prefeed your vinyl for the whole order.  I have never had that happen...

I guess I like slow,  I have never cut over speed 7.  I write here while I'm cutting.  just to help you,,, LOL

What is that metal clanging noise?

That's the roll of vinyl jump off the rollers.

ok just caught on it is a ce5000 - there are 2 places for the bars - just to make sure you are using the ones farthest apart right?  are they bent?

They are set farthest apart. They roll but they definitely do not roll as smooth as the ones on my LP II. I have tried placing the stoppers closer and further away from the sides of the roll.

like this

Those didn't need adjusting, I'm talking about the ones you put on each side of the roll. The ones with the thumb screws.

my son doesn't even use the flanges on his rolls.  He just uses the roll by it's self.  He doesn't have problems.

oh those - yup just like skeeters son that is the first thing i ditch on the cutters

I think I still have a set from my original pcut - didn't use them even with that.  if the roll doesn't stay in 1 place the rollers aren't straight . . . .

Just a thought but while watching this i noticed that the curtains behind the machine were moving quite a bit.  Maybe the vinyl is getting thrown off by being to close to the curtains and hitting them.