Sign in to follow this  
petroman2012

LP II and The Stand

I am new here so I will be nice...I recieved my purchase from US CUTTER today of a LP II and stand along with ext. warranty....I have been looking at the LP II for several weeks and debated between US CUTTER and GCC...Again I have read and re-read the ad page for the LP II and again today in hopes I would see some explanation about the stand or some info period....Now so I wont come off as a novice I already own a R31 bought from signwarehouse and honestly it has worked since the first day so I am fairly versed on useage of a cutter to a degree BUT thats not what I am asking NOW...My R31 came with a stand and after assy it I placed the cutter on it and all 4 rubber stand off's slipped right into pre des. holes in stand...This LP II has NO pre des. holes, in fact it sits on each side of stand on its rubber stand off's with NO way to be assured if I or anyone were to bump either corner of cutter running or not will find it laying on the ground..

Is this a normal thing? I mean have any of ya'll who might own or bought one of these units with stand get this stand without a method to reenforce the cutter onto the stand?

I have not fired the LP II up yet as I wanted to have it stable and not feel threatened that anything other than a babys touch be the safest so as to not tump it over..

Yes, I emailed Support if that is the way...NOT being judgemental but the stand was scratched in more than half dozen places but scratches DONT make it perform so I might be able to over look that. BUT

not having a way to have a stable unit as just sitting on all four rubber stand offs is NOT good if running this unit...Am I reading into this? Most of my purchases from US Cutter has been stock material so this is my first serious purchase...

Hello and welcome . I don't have that machine but I belive you remove the rubber pads and bolt through the stand into the cutter . By the way I belive there are videos on utube with assembly instructions for different cutters also on the website there are some videos .good luck

Dan

Thank you.. I just got a email from support and was told something simular but figured it out as well. I would have done  that or drilled mounting holes myself so the rubber standoffs would slip into the base plate of mounting of stand top.. again thank you..I hope this is the only thing I have to worry about it.. I am after work will fire the monkey up and see what it can do...

Your welcome . Having experience with a cutter it should all work fine for you . Your Signwarehouse cutter is a red sail cutter the Lp 2 is a liyu cutter if you should have a problem finding the right driver .