I have a graphtec FC7000 and it does not want to turn on. i flip the switch but nothing happens but a clicking noise from the side where the switch is. does anyone know what might be the problem and if it can be fixed. sometimes we get power outages quite often actually, could this be the reason why the machine doesnt want to turn on??

Please help i have a huge project nextweek.

not sure but sound expensive - mainboard for that one is over $750 if I remember correctly

Your best bet would be to contact Graphtec America tech support.   I own that machine, but I have never had a problem.   Does the LED even light up enough to give any info?

also a good time to remind everyone to have a GOOD surge supressor on you equipement - not the cheapest one at wallmart.

Very true, and I always unplug everything of any value, when storms come...lightening, thunder.  if I leave for days also. :rolleyes:  unplug it...   Like a few days at 4 WINDS. New Buffalo.   LOL  

If you are capable of using a multi meter ( $5 tool at Harbor Frieght ) , check for power as far as you feel comfortable . It sounds like you have power to the cutter because flicking the switch has an effect . I would think unless you have a cutter that is so old that parts are not available .. anything can be fixed with it ( even if not available new , some parts can be found used , on e-bay etc ) . As in anything ,the cost to repair vs a new cutter is what determines the verdict .

Very true skeeter - on the printer thoug it has to be left on to auto cycle 3-4 times a day rather I am home, sleeping etc so unplugging is never an option untless I want to replace all the $1000.00 print heads and misc parts,  on the cutter it is easy enough to unplug both the power and usb so the static charge can'e even come thru the computer if hit

You could try holding down the UP arrow while you are turning on the switch. If you can get it that far.  That is Factory default.

• Like 1

sorry for late reply guys i got caught up at work. but the LED light doesnt even turn on.

give tech support a call.

the reset method didn't work. I did have a surge protector on probably not the best one, i shall invest in the top of the line surge protector after this. 

i shall give them a call thanks guys. i wanted to see if it would be possible before tech support. probably gunna end up telling me to buy an expensive part lol. 

Oh, Rodger thank you i did use a multi meter tool and there is power running through the board, just nothing on the head up display and the fans dont turn on.

It is gonna be what it is , no matter who determines the problem , but if could be a blown fuse . A power supply should not break the bank .

Oh, Rodger thank you i did use a multi meter tool and there is power running through the board, just nothing on the head up display and the fans dont turn on.

You are welcome :) . My electrical knowledge would take me that far also . I would try to determine if the board you speak of is the " power supply " . I have lost those in computers etc . Power surges , lightning etc takes power supplies out . All I had to do was get a power supply in each case . When you talk to a tech , you will be able to give them that info & they can tell you what & where to check to further determine the problem if needed . USC will help you even if you did not buy your cutter from them . They appreciate loyalty , but are nice enough to help anyway .

Graphtec does all thier own support for their cutters , even new ones.  Like roland only Graphtec's own service centers are allowed to sell parts.

But USCUTTER does sell some Graphtec parts,  not all of them, but if i needed a new pinch roller or cutting strip I could get it.  Even the cross cutter blade.    Vacuum pump...for other Graphtec..

http://www.uscutter.com/Parts#product_listing=%3Fcurrent_page%3D1%26results_per_page%3D16%26order_by%3Dcategory_product_position%26search_params%3DCategory_DELIMITER_id%3A70%3A%3AProduct_DELIMITER_manufacturer_id%3A9

That would be the first place I would go to in a hurry,

ah, but no internal parts - I went thru that with Roland - you have to order thru them or their select repair facilities - they almost didn't even sell the mainboard to I could install it - they like ot do all the work involved in replacing parts

yes i found the problem turns out it is the motherboard. i used a multimeter and the board where where the power source is has electrical current but the motherboard has none.

does anyone know a place where to buy a mainboard just be itself im confident that i can install it. i called graphtec and they said the dont sell the mainboard to the direct end user and i need to ship the FC7000-130 to one of their ASC buildings in california to have if calibrated. Sadly im in Hawaii.