Sign in to follow this  
Laceylp

Trying to fine deer with love and heart.

Well thank you. someone helped greatly.  I have a flexi stater v8.    wanting to curve letters around objects or put a smaller object into a larger object that has lines.  I am willing to spend what it takes to have just 1 program that will do that and  more.  and to hire someone to do all my vectorizing HAHA.  I am just too new and not understanding the whole thing

Inkscape and Signblazer are both free. I think Signblazer is easier to learn with but Inkscape can do more in depth things. If you plan on doing this even as a hobby it is worth the time to try and learn at least the basics of 1 of these programs.

Flexistarter is very limited on designing in.. It is more of a great cutting software.  You can do your designs in FREE inkscape.org.  Plenty of tutorials online and youtube.com

Here is a great member for vectorizing,      drakesis

http://www.excaliburcreations.com

• Like 1

I need a program that does it all.  where I can curve text freely and scale to my size at any time

I also need the program to let me take out a ladder or hydrant from a maltese fire cross for example and replace with something else within the lines than make the entire maltese cross any size I need..  I hope I didn't confuse anyone, so what flexi program has this or other brand of program?  I like this flexi I have its easy to use but I need to do more!

thanks all

Corel, Illustrator, winpcsign, Signblazer, Inkscape, higher levels of Flexi can all do what you want but all of them take time to learn.

Kinda like this but only love was welded and the heart was made with the deer heads, doe on the left and buck on the right.  Please if you see it I need it! LOL

This is a modified Browning logo........ be careful.

• Like 1

Thanks Jaybird, I know it will take time to learn but as I am new to all this.  A few years ago we were at a flea market and saw this woman take things and replace within lines, which I could do but I don't have the program.  However, I did a free trial on signlab 9.1 and I couldn't even figure it out so I uninstalled it.  I have buying various vectors already made from a website call www.vectorart.com I think that's how you spell it and just about all I buy works with this flexi.  I was told at one of our local shops we need a bridge to do what we want but I guess I am just too eager want it all right there I guess.

Signblazer is pretty easy to learn on and it's free which makes the price unbeatable. If I were starting from scratch that is a good place to start and there are tons of tutorials on youtube and on here about how to do different things within the programs and I'd venture to say some of the most experienced users of Signblazer are active members on this forum and seem to be very willing to help the new people out.

+1 Jay and even though I don't use it myself, sounds like another case for Signblazer. It seems to be the top choice for an all-in-one software.

And, being free, seems a good starter choice for folks to jump right in without Photoshop/Illustrator/Corel backgrounds.

I don't have anything to vectorize it.  if it is not ready to cut out than I cant.  I just started this new business adventure my email address is xxxxxx@hxxmail.com

and this my friends is how you increase your spam exponentially . . . bots roaming the net for email addresses in the open.   FYI 

so signblazer that's a program correct?  can I do curved text or omit and replace things within lines?  I used all my life savings to start a graphic shop, I hope I am not in over my head. 

how can I take my email address off?

yup just go back and edit it like I did above (I should have done that the first time too instead of making it twice as bad :(

Signblazer is a good place to start and once you have a better understanding of how things work you can always step up into different program and take that basic knowledge with you. I personally use Corel products along with a few different programs to help with specific problems like tracing an image. Corel Draw has a free trial in I remember so you can give it a test drive but I recommend starting with Signblazer to get your feet wet first.

does anyone have a simple solid color tow truck/ wrecker/ rollback they are allowed to share! thanks

also edited my one post with email address