Pcrat

Looking at a Sublimation inkjet printer to buy..

so im over at 

http://www.inksystem.com

looking for a ciss printer,,, i am ordering a heat press soon, already have a cutter, but now want a printer, Printer Budget is about $200.00  

i see there is Sublimation, Pigment, Dye Based, Inks, i see different people use different inks  just would like a clarification on this. 

Also what about laser printers, ive seen yes and nos on this also.

Just want to google, and ask some questions, before I buy. 

Thanks Guys

so im over at 

looking for a ciss printer,,, i am ordering a heat press soon, already have a cutter, but now want a printer, Printer Budget is about $200.00  

i see there is Sublimation, Pigment, Dye Based, Inks, i see different people use different inks  just would like a clarification on this. 

Also what about laser printers, ive seen yes and nos on this also.

Just want to google, and ask some questions, before I buy. 

Thanks Guys

How about a WF 1100 with a CIS system already installed on it? I'll sell it for $300. The printer was only used once.

USCutter & Sawgrass Tech is having a Web-i-nar about getting into that next Monday the 11th I believe . I already enrolled :)

• Like 1

so im over at 

OK, you say you're looking for a "Sublimation inkjet printer" - if that is true, then ignore anything labeled as Pigment based or Dye based, because those are not for sublimation work.

You want to look for ink that specifically says it is for sublimation - it may also be called "high temp ink".  You'll need a separate printer for doing sub work as you wont' be able to swap back and forth between ink types (well, you can - but you'll waste so much ink flushing out the system that it's usually cheaper to buy a second printer). 

There are only a couple of brands of printers that support sub ink, due to the way they distribute the ink - most HP, Cannon, Etc. printers use heat to spray the ink and that will not work - you need a printer specifically designed for sub inks, such as the Ricoh - or an Epson.  You can retrofit most Epson printers to work with sub inks and you can add CISS to most models.

If you check the big auction site you can find CISS retrofit kits for <$40.  Or, go to the CISS experts at www.cobraink.com - just be sure to tell them that you want to do sublimation work.

• Like 1