Sign in to follow this  
catross4

Please HELP!!

I just purchased a brand new US Cutter MH871 in hoping to start my own business.This is my first vinyl cutter so I'm having to learn everything about this machine as well as vinyl cutting...The rollers want roll forward, but will roll backwards. The belt looks ok. Can't figure out what's going on. Very frustrated!! Please help!

The rollers want roll forward, but will roll backwards. The belt looks ok. 

What does this mean?

So they roll the wrong way? Thats what I was asking. 

Your putting the top rollers above the bottom grit rollers right? And your pinching the vinyl in between. So after all that you cant feed the vinyl forward out the front, only backwards? 

Im not familiar with that machine but have you tried sending it something to cut? 

Well they don't roll the wrong way...I have the vinyl in the cutter ready to cut (clamped down). I send something for it to cut, but the vinyl doesn't move and it makes this grinding noise.The blade moves just not the vinyl. I can go to the settings on the cutter, to position the vinyl where I want the cut to start, and when I push the button to move the vinyl forward the grit rollers make that grinding noise and the vinyl doesn't move, but when I push the button to move it backwards it works perfectly. I thought maybe the clamps were to tight so I tried this without the vinyl and the clamps unlocked and the same thing happens, it want roll forward, but rolls perfectly backwards. I hope this explains it a little better. I'm so frustrated!!

Thats much more clear. Sadly it sounds like something is broken. If its making a grinding noise. Call uscutter tomorrow and talk with them. Im sure theyll get you taken care of.