pshawny

Can I sell my SCAL Pro

Yeah, you can't walk 10 feet without running into a buffalo in South Dakota. Just kidding! There are a few farms, ranches, & zoos in the state that have some. I'm sure they would be all over if we, the white man, didn't have to kill everything that moves. Last year my mom went to the Black Hills and watched the annual buffalo roundup in Custer State Park where 1000+ buffalo are herded.

http://www.travelsd.com/Events/Buffalo-Roundup

• Like 1

I have always liked the way they look and act . My dad's cousin had some Beefalos in Pa . He has a female that was very close to full bred buffalo & it was as tame as a kitten . I tried to buy her when we bought the farm in WV . He wanted WAY more than i could afford/justify . I forget what I offered . He took her to the local auction here she brought 1/2 of what I had offered . I would have at least let the person who wanted it know , that way more bidders at the auction . He would have gotten much more than what he did & I would have marked something else off of the " bucket list " :) . They are hard to keep fenced in because their eyesight is poor .... they go opposite direction from anything that startles them . That may be a fence , a person or whatever is in the way . Pretty big animal .

• Like 1

I have looked at SignBlazer once but I don't have a computer that will run it without finding an old hunk. I pretty much do everything on an iMac and a very little bit on a windows 7 laptop. The laptop mostly quickbooks and cutting.

I talked to the Summa rep about my coming purchase and he acknowledged that the cutting tools that come with the machine are basically just a bridge between Illustrator and the cutter without much fanfare. Sound like I can upgrade (for a fairly hefty price). I will play around a bit with it when it gets here and see how it functions. He says the mac version only recognizes black lines and red lines. Black are regular cut and red are what they call flexi-cut which perforate clear through the carrier leaving small tabs so you can pop out your design, I belive that would mostly be useful if I was contour cutting. I just cut as of right now. Maybe one of these days I'll pick up a printer but its won't be soon.

I think I may get in touch with the SCALP team about drivers for the Summa. If they will finish some of the other tools like tiling I think it would be fine as a cutting tool. I like the fact that I can bring in native AI files without having to save them in older formats like I had to do with SignCut Pro. I may even re-visit SignCut if I'm going to have to spend more money, I actually liked just about everything SignCut Pro did except the subscription and legacy formats for AI files. I don't have my mac hooked up to my PCut, it kept giving me fits so I loaded SignCut and later SCALP up on a windows 7 laptop and cut off it just transfering the files on a thumb drive. Not a bad way to go since I still have to share the mac with my kids homework. :-\ WOW listen to me ramble on....

BTW we have a few Beeffalo out here in Idaho too. The fences they have around them are made with railroad ties and I guess they still plow through them every once in a while when they take a notion to.

Best to buy a older Windows computer & dedicate it to your cutter imo . Easy to find complete set-ups for $50 ... many times free . I thought EdgeCraft was going to be very active with SCALPro , but seems that fizzled out . If they added the features SB has , it would be a very nice affordable software . I am still hoping for the evolved SB to be released ... if it gets the weed line options SCALPro has ,it would be even more awesome !!!

There was a farm that had a huge herd of bison close to Clarksburg WV . They had a " white " buffalo 1 year . It was actually much more cream colored . Some native Indian group actually sued the place , demanding to be given the buffalo because it " was their's " because of their religious beliefs . They did not win .

I was way out in the country doing some off roading a few years back and came across a tiny little house with a small yard and two buffalo. It was a pretty funny site, they were about the same size of the house! I didn't want to stop and take a picture because the people out there don't take too kindly to strangers poking around.

I understand that . I usually ask before doing anything . Most people with unusual stuff know it attracks attention & enjoy others admiring what they have . When the mini horses & mini donkeys have babys at my farm , it causes a road block sometimes . If I ever get to move to the farm , i will get me a buffalo . Hopefully a baby that I can tame as much as possible . If it doesn't tame up enough , I'll put it in the freezer & try again .

• Like 2

I was way out in the country doing some off roading a few years back and came across a tiny little house with a small yard and two buffalo. It was a pretty funny site, they were about the same size of the house! I didn't want to stop and take a picture because the people out there don't take too kindly to strangers poking around.

Off-Roading ... Did not catch that the 1rst read . Whatcha driving ??