pshawny

Can I sell my SCAL Pro

SCAL Pro came with my new cutter, but I am going to continue using Signblazer. Is there any reason that I wouldn't be able to sell it? I assume that it's a full-version and not a trial-version.

See if there is a license on it.  There should be, most software has it.  Read it good.  It should answer your question, if not, contact the owners of SCALP.  Ask there.  They own it, not USCUTTER.

Look for the End User License Agreement. It will tell you what you can do. If you haven't opened the package I don't see why not. If you have installed it on a machine, you need to make sure you deactivate it on that machine.

Yes, it's brand new, unopened, never activated or registered. I don't see a license agreement on the outside of the package.

It's your copy, do whatever you want with it.

There's no difference between that disk and any other program disk you have laying around.

For instance, if I buy an xBox game disk, can I resell it? Of course.

BTW, the activation scheme allows any two computers to have it installed at the same time.

Theoretically, you could have one version running on your machine, and the other running on a friend's computer.

It's your copy, do whatever you want with it.

There's no difference between that disk and any other program disk you have laying around.

BTW, the activation scheme allows any two computers to have it installed at the same time.

Theoretically, you could have one version running on your machine, and the other running on a friend's computer.

Not correct, I got turned in on this forum for trying to sell my 10 cutready DVD's  that I had never used and was told by the person that sells them that it is against the eula, even though there are seveal images on there that he doesn't own the rights to.  so buyer beware once you buy it you own the rights to use it - you never actually own the program

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, someone had purchased a business with Signcut  on the computer, and the license for was for the other party who owned the computer and license. And the year license was paid for. They could not transfer the license, to the buyer party.  Seller was the licensee, not the buyer...  The buyer  couldn't get it activated by Signcut... Signcut made them purchase a license, it they wanted to  use Signcut.

You need to ask SCALP owners.

• Like 2

3. Transfer
You may not rent, lease, sell, sublicense, un-bundle and/or repackage for distribution or resale, or authorize all or any portion of the Software to be copied onto another users Computer.

Yeah, yeah, I hear ya, dakotagraphix.

Arrrrrrgghh, matey, we be Pirates !!!!!

pirates-costumes.jpg

• Like 1

Not if you ask Microsoft or Sony  :lol:

Yeah, yeah, I hear ya, dakotagraphix.

Arrrrrrgghh, matey, we be Pirates !!!!!

pirates-costumes.jpg

I agree slice - it usually isn't a problem as it is not worth the time to litigate it  - the problem is when snitches do their thing >:D

The problem is people buying it may not belive you have deactivated it from you computer and your just selling them a useless disk.

Yes, it's brand new, unopened, never activated or registered. I don't see a license agreement on the outside of the package.

Taking things said for face value , I would not have a problem buying it . Buying anything in person is much better than over the net ... especially when not thru E-Bay, Amazon etc where a credit card can be used & then a dispute raised if things don't go as they should .

If it is unopened, there is no way for anyone to know who originally purchased it, and therefore the "shall not sell" portion of the EULA, can't hold water, so to speak. hey have no way to know! I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything, I'm just sayin!!!

Huh, that kind of sucks. So if I sell my P-Cut I can't give the disc to the new owner, he will have to get his own sofware. Mine actually came with SignCut Pro so I suppose he can sign up with them and pay the subscription. I am ordering a SummaCut D75 next week believe it or not and was seriously considering selling off the P-Cut but maybe I'll just stick it out in the garage as back-up. At least I don't have to pay that darn subscription. Summa has a proprietary cutting program like Graphtec so I won't need anything for the new one. I'm SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!! Can't wait!

The software folks do seem to be bending us over the barrel a bit. I just re-up'd SignCut for another year and really debated the decision beforehand. Would have bought the software outright but thought it was over-priced for cutting software only.

Depending on how long and how well this TC keeps the pace as to what I'll do when the year runs out again.

I have no problems in Photoshop, Illustrator, & Inkscape for my design needs,

how does Signblazer stack up against Sign Cut for cutting? (for those of you familiar with both)

The software folks do seem to be bending us over the barrel a bit. I just re-up'd SignCut for another year and really debated the decision beforehand. Would have bought the software outright but thought it was over-priced for cutting software only.

Depending on how long and how well this TC keeps the pace as to what I'll do when the year runs out again.

I have no problems in Photoshop, Illustrator, & Inkscape for my design needs,

how does Signblazer stack up against Sign Cut for cutting? (for those of you familiar with both)

You could have purchased Flexistarter10 for cheaper and owned the software...  I have used it since 2006...

I will be keeping Flexi in mind as my subscription with Signcut wears off... I don't see where Flexi mentions using .svg files. I have preferred this type as one format that works with all my vector related software. (Illustrator, Inkscape, Signcut)

no .svg but .eps all total it lists 32 different files that can be imported including illustrator

You know I checked on the SignCut website and if you go ahead and spring for the dongle it says that it is a purchase rather than a license. I thought that was interesting. My new cutter is shipping right now and it comes with some cutting plug-ins for Illustrator but reading up on the ones they send, they sound pretty basic. I will have to try them out but i fear I may still be needing some decent cutting tools.

SCALPro is a great cutting software . Does basic designs , but InkScape and SignBlazer are much better there . I asked PShawny how much for the software . No charge , not even allowing me to pay for the shipping . I gave a member here 1 copy . That member has been a great help for a long time & having SCALPro available to him benifits anybody wanting help with SCALPro . He has not told me what he thinks of SCALPro yet & that makes me wonder :) . Everybody decides for themselves . Jay-Walking is illegal also , but not many cases show up in court . Selling a licensed product would be a civil issue imo , not criminal like jay-walking etc . Intent is hard to state legally . I don't think EdgeCraft would have a problem with anybody selling a copy of SCALPro that came with a cutter they bought .

• Like 1

I've been using Signblazer since day 1. I've never come across anything that I wanted to do that it couldn't do. I do all of my designing in Illustrator and just copy & paste it into Signblazer.

• Like 1

Thanks again PShawny !!! If you ever decidse to use SCALPro , let me know & i'll send it back or at least send the 1 copy info . I agree , SignBlazer does great . IF it had support , it would be even better . As long as it has been unsupported, it still does good . The newer EPS files won't work with it & sooner or later the new computers & operating systems wont work with it . PLENTY of old computers around though :) . The guy is Austrailia has been working on the evolved SB software . He was hit by the floods last year . I am guessing it might be a money issue that is keeping it unpublished . They sent me a copy .. now called ExpressCut & it was close to elements with some hot shot/pro features . It was only a short time trial & I didn't get to use it as much as i wanted . The evolved software was offered to USC , but they said it was not much better than elements . What the people working on it told me .. it was more of a posturing position in their opinion . According to the developers , USC was paying Jerry / Color Chrome First around $6 for each copy packaged with a cutter . The new owners were not going to go for that . They told me they were gonna offer it to other cutter companies . I think that might be the reason EdgeCraft has not been on here supporting SCALPro . Not enough money to justify the cost mayby . SignBlazer was Jerry's " baby " & he was top of the line with support on here . BannerJohn had many conversations with Jerry & has posted some of the subjects . It would have been hard to beat if Jerry had not passed . Now , if SCALPro & SB could be joined .. a great software . The weed lines in SCALPro is worth the cost alone imo . Very easy vectorizing/tracing & like all softwares , some features better than the rest .

p.s. I would love to have a baby buffalo , there are alot of those where you are at ??