Krookz

Not saving .eps files correctly

Hey guys. This is the 2nd time iv run across this in a few weeks time. 1st time I thought it was a fluke and moved on. When I save my vector in Inkscape as a .eps it appears to save fine. When I open it in Signblazer part of the image is cut off. This one below happens to be the right side, the first time it cut off the bottom half of the image.

If I copy/paste the screwed up part in Inkscape, into a new doc and save as .eps. It opens correctly in Signblazer. If I copy/paste the entire vector into a new Inkscape doc... same thing. What am I missing here? I checked all the doc sizes and such that I could. I attached the svg and eps if anyone needs to see. Is there maybe a better method of getting files from Inkscape to SB?

trd-sport.eps

trd-sport.svg

I have run into this "glitch" also. Haven't found an easy way to fix it.

The missing piece is actually there just not showing up in signblazer. What I usually do is open the eps file in Illustrator, the missing piece always shows up and re-save it as an illustrator eps file. After that when I import into signblazer the missing piece reappears. 

Sometimes there are paths that are crossed or nodes on top of each other. In SignBlazer, look at it in Node Edit.

I saved opened the .svg you posted with Inkscape and imported it to SignBlazer and it worked fine for me:

post-1636-0-30107900-1359645210_thumb.pn

I have run into this "glitch" also. Haven't found an easy way to fix it.

The missing piece is actually there just not showing up in signblazer. What I usually do is open the eps file in Illustrator, the missing piece always shows up and re-save it as an illustrator eps file. After that when I import into signblazer the missing piece reappears. 

Thats good to know... ill give that a try and see what happens

Sometimes there are paths that are crossed or nodes on top of each other. In SignBlazer, look at it in Node Edit.

It dosnt appear to be there at all :(

med_gallery_27310_122_26660.jpg

I saved opened the .svg you posted with Inkscape and imported it to SignBlazer and it worked fine for me:

That is weird!! How did you import to SB? eps file?

I tried .ps as well, same results

Im leaning towards another problem now. Opened the svg in AI and saved as an Illistrator 8 eps(Newest SB would open without blank screen). Got this in SB

med_gallery_27310_122_2023.jpg

Ive run into glitches with inkscape to signblazer every know and then. They way I fix it is to just start over as much as it might suck to start again. As much as I love inkscape, its freeware after all. Your going to get bugs. 

But hey youll probably do it quicker this time around.

I opened the .svg file you posted with Inkscape and saved it as an .eps.

Hah. Who knows whats going on... I got the same exact problem from two different computers. Thanks for your time/help everyone. Looks to be a stupid bug

Replying to this old post... issue is from groups in inkscape. Figured it out when testing files using .ps instead.

Clear all groups; no problem

That is weird!! How did you import to SB? eps file?

I tried .ps as well, same results

There are two ways to save as SVG. There is a "Inkscape SVG" and "regular SVG". Try "regular". That's what I use in SCALP.