Sign in to follow this  
23ccc

New to the whole game. Got my laserpoint II in the mail today

Hey guys. Excited to get involved in this forum and begin making contributions. I have a question however, I have found somewhat related topics but not exactly what I'm experiencing. Basically, I am having trouble with the blade height. I did all the tests on vinyl and paper. I also ran a test cut with paper and the pen tool. When I put the blade on and run the test shape, it seems like the blade isn't being picked up off the material when it shouldn't be cutting, basically, at the end of the cut, it drags back over the prior cuts. My pressure is set to 120g and when I set the blade, i made sure it could really only cut though a single piece of paper. To me it seems like an issue of how high the scroller is set itself, is there a way to calibrate that? Thanks so much, and i apologize if this isn't the correct place for this.

Welcome.

While I am not familiar with the LPII, I did have a similar problem when starting to work with my SC.

I had placed the blade cartridge itself incorrectly into the clamp holding it on the carriage.

Are you using sure cut a lot pro ? If so did you activate the software ? If not it will cut a horizontal line thru the design as a watermark .

Dan

• Like 1

I did activate my software and I don't think its a watermark because it happens between cuts, like it doesn't lift up high enough, instead it drags across the material. Could the pressure not be set right? or maybe the scroll is too low to start? Thanks for all the help!!

start with a much lower pressure, and see if it changes,  First make sure your blade is set correctly.  I saw where you posted above that you set the blade, but the best way to set a blade is, take the blade holder out of the machine and firmly cut across, a piece of scrap vinyl, that you will be cutting, You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, adjust blade to get there. Put blade holder back in machine adjust, the force to get the same results. You should have a test feature on your cutter to check that.. You should just barely be able to see the blade tip, and feel the blade tip.

i had that happen with my cutter once, I use Flexisign Pro 8. It was on vista, USB all the way, using the roland pcn 1000 driver, it didnt do it all the time, but once in a while, 

So when i switched to windows xp, same driver, same usb, it stopped doing it. 

The carrage didnt seem to come up all the way it didnt make a deep cut, but u could hear it dragging on the vinyl. even with the pen attatchment, it did it. 

dont know if any of this will help. i also put a ground wire on when i switched to xp pro also. 

just my 2 cents.

( my cutter is the mh 871 -mk2 ) 

Good Luck

if all else fails, try giving uscutter support a call.

Ill look into the issue of the version of windows but im currently on windows 7 so i dont know if it will make a difference. Also should I not be using sure cuts a lot? I hear of all these other programs and i wonder if that is the issue. Im just using it because it came with the deal I got on the cutter. I appreciate all the help. Ill keep messing around with blade length but I honestly don't think thats it because i have done all these paper/vinyl drag tests. What would you say the average pressure should be or starting pressure?

The description you gave of the problem seems like the x- z-axis solenoid is not acutating correctly.

Slice - the laserpoint is just a pcut with a stationary laserpointer in the carriage - for manual registration.  other than that same machine

Slice - the laserpoint is just a pcut with a stationary laserpointer in the carriage - for manual registration.  other than that same machine

Sorry but according to the UScutter site...It is not a PCUT anymore.   They are selling Laserpointer 11 as their newer Laserpointer.. It is a combo of a SC and TC made by Liyu..

USCutter is proud to present the new LaserPoint II - our most revolutionary cutting plotter yet! By combining the best features of two of our most popular cutters (the SC and TC), we have come up with the LaserPoint II. These amazing features include a superior motherboard and easy installation combined with a well-built, solid, robust frame. This new cutter has all the features that our customers have been asking for.

looking up the manufacturere maybe they will provide a "entry level" printer someday also on usc . . .

If you unscrew the cover from over the blade carriage/solenoid there will probably be a spring that helps pull up and hold the blade up.  I had to "shorten" my spring by using a piece of tape to put some tension on the spring.  The spring on yours may not be attached correctly (if there is a spring).   Plus you can probably use 1 for the pressure and still cut with no problem.

I have a SC cutter and I"m not familiar with the Laser Point but it is probably similar.

-Scott