Sign in to follow this  
midnight

how do i combine text with graphic

I was able to get graphic vectorised and ready to cut. The text that was in the design was both on top of the graphic and inside of it.(Basically it is a retangle to look like a pool table) Then I tried to weld it together and only parts of the text went to the cutter. How can I get this to be as 1 and cut properly?  Need to deliver tomorrow!!

If I am reading into this correctly, you may need to combine objects before sending to cutter.  Try it both as the entire image selected and if that doesn't work just the texts selected.

might be what you need?

yep. trying to combine before sending to cutter, but not working. Also having difficulty combining or welding. Can someone take me thru it. I have text on two lines and when I "text grab" it to combine it only lets me do 1 letter. not welding the right way I presume.

Trying to import this in to signblazer. Which the only way I can is to open in photoshop and "HOTSHOT" it over. Import feature not giving me any options as to what I can choose to import. Then I vectorised in SB and typed text above it to read in font ALCHOHOL LICKS : "SINK YOUR BALLS"

"AT"

then... "BIG O'S" inside the pool table.

I can't figure out how to send you the actual signblazer file, though. Again when exporting I don't see it to send. If u can try to figure anything out I'd appreciate it.

poolEPS.eps

poolEPS.eps

I have your file, but am not super sure what it is you are trying to do.

Rather than your artwork being a single outline, you are working with black

and white pieces. Are you wanting to cut this as a single black piece without

adding white to make it complete? Or are you wanting it to be cut with

two colors both black and white?

just outlines. so middle of pooltable is blank. then inside pooltable want :  "BIG O's".  I think it is possible.

Like this? I just selected everything you had in SignBlazer and did a "Combine". then I added your "Big O's" text. In the SignBlazer file it is still text if you want to edit it.

pool.SBD

pool.EPS

You guys got the design down! Awesome help. I can't get SBD file open tho. It opens Signblazer but file doesn't pop up. What's wrong? Love to get it. I think then I could cut it by tonight. I have to meet with them then.

I figured out that I did need to group the objects first then vectorise. I was getting close.Could send to cutter but not good cut.

Thanks guys! If I ever get good at any of this I'll owe ya!

You have to save the SBD file to your computer first then open it. If you create text in SignBlazer you don't have to vectorize it. It is already vector. Then if you want to edit it later you can.

Jay, you're cool. Thanks I got it and it looks like it will be good to go to the cutter. Doing white on black shirt. Don't have time to try now gota run out but if I add text above the logo will it cut both or do I have to group them and or weld?

Thanks Malachiind. You nailed the logo!

So long as it is all the same color or you select multiple colors (hold down the ctrl key) in the cut window it will all cut.

Good Luck!