Sign in to follow this  
sanantoniodetail

buying first transfer paper

i would like to ask, what do you use(be specific) and why?
R-Tape, Main tape, green star?

there are several types of r-tape, one that is the "RTape Clear Choice AT60" (at75 for high tack)

http://www.uscutter.com/RTape-Clear-Choice-AT60-General-Purpose-Clear-Medium-Tack-Application-Tape-100yd 

this says its clear but its actually alot more like paper tape. people say that it doesnt have the static issue clear tapes have, but is more ridged then other paper tapes.

greenstar i have read mixed reviews. i read others prefer r-tape.

i plan on using oracal 651 or similar vinyl.

my application: vehicle windows and paint surfaces. i will be applying accents to the side of my mazda 2. i will be cutting car club logos also. i need a transfer tape that can sit several months , but still be applied effortlessly, with out pulling up fine detail, or becoming stuck to the vinyl over a few months. 

i dont need a clear vinyl i just need something that works, and works good.

i have a 5 year old vinyl in my file cabinet from AlsaCorp, when i visited their HQ in california. the transfer tape is just fine and so is the vinyl. i want something of that quality!!!

-Jessica Hewitt

i would also like to really get some input in on this as well. i use oracal 651 vinyl now as i found it to work best for me but i will be needing more transfer tape here soon and was wondering what the popular brands or models of tape are.