Sign in to follow this  
fitbmxseries1

Is getting help always this difficult?

I received my plotter on Friday and its not working, the carriage wont move. It wasn't untill 8 oclock that i found this out so i couldn't call tech support so i wait till Monday  I call tech support and they tell me since i bought it through ebay i would have to email the ebay account and have them take care of the issue. Well i do that.. then wait a few hours until i get a message back. In the message it says its  a tech support issue and i need to call them. So i call them (keep in mind i know the difference in time zones) i call 25 mins before they close and get a message saying that it isnt during their operating hours. Really? I ordered it because i have a job at work that needed to be done this week so time is important to me, now i get too look bad in front of my customers because i cant finish in time. I know this issue will be solved but I dont see why its so difficult.

Keep us posted....  I am wondering why you did not email them through your eBay account immediately upon seeing the cutter was DOA.

I did Saturday but no reply till today telling me to call tech before anything.

You also have to keep in mind to call earlier, there could be 100 people already sitting on hold.waiting, on tech support,They are a very busy company.   Each of those calls will take over 1 minute, at least. They are not going to keep taking more calls. They have to close sometime. Call much earlier.

• Like 1

I did (email) Saturday but no reply till today telling me to call tech before anything.

This is not how you described the email interaction within your Opening Post to this thread.

" ...friday, 8pm i couldn't call tech support so i wait till Monday. (and Now, today) I call tech support and they tell me since i bought it through ebay i would have to email the ebay account and have them take care of the issue. Well i do that.. then wait a few hours until i get a message back."

Anyway, hopefully you don't have to return the unit, and there is a simple fix you can accomplish at home(maybe the carriage is not seated properly on the track)

I forgot to mention that emailed them before anything its been a long day. With their track record of every one else i know it will be taken care of just hoping sooner then later. its on the track properly the motor just wont run in that direction. The motherboard thinks its moving it just must be a communication thing between the motor.

Called tech support again and they had me check the to see if the top rail was pushing on the left direction kill switch. Found that it was and did a good few test runs and all is good now. Luckily it doesn't have to be sent in. I bought it mainly to do blasting masks or paint masking. Ill probably step up to the better model in a few months if all goes well.

Called tech support again and they had me check the to see if the top rail was pushing on the left direction kill switch. Found that it was and did a good few test runs and all is good now. Luckily it doesn't have to be sent in. I bought it mainly to do blasting masks or paint masking. Ill probably step up to the better model in a few months if all goes well.

Great,  they they got you going.. 

They are nice people to deal with, ive had to deal with some shady companies before and this a good change of pace for me. We must have had a miss-communication in the begging, they thought i wanted to return the machine not get it repaired i belive thats why i was told to contact the ebay seller.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="fitbmxseries1" data-cid="298534" data-time="1359516532"><p>

They are nice people to deal with, ive had to deal with some shady companies before and this a good change of pace for me. We must have had a miss-communication in the begging, they thought i wanted to return the machine not get it repaired i belive thats why i was told to contact the ebay seller.</p></blockquote>

A lot of people jump to conclusions about USCutter and not taking care of their customers from what I have read most of the problems are always resolved without issues . I have never had a problem with them or from the eBay account either .and I belive that some of the negative comments in the past was from competition sellers trying to hurt sales . It is good your cutter is working now.

Good luck

Dan