Sign in to follow this  
sanantoniodetail

How To Replace Cutting Strip on SC cutter

i did a search on google and a search on this forum. i have found a few threads but none really answered MY question.

how do i remove the cutting strip on my sc series cutter?

my refurbished unit arrived with its cutting strip VERY cut up and gouged. i will be calling UScutter on monday with my complaint. in the mean time i was told i can "just flip the strip over" or maybe "turn the strip 180" , well the cut is in the very center of the strip and goes about 17 inches long. its about 3/4 of the whole strip. either way , i need to know the proper way to remove the cutting strip.

thank you in advance.

-Jessica

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/acagama1/DSC03102.jpg

post-35749-0-17741100-1359259668_thumb.j

post-35749-0-07995800-1359259669_thumb.j

Just insert a small screwdriver under one end and pry/peel it off (it has adhesive) and rotate it 180*  (right to left, left to right) --   don't FLIP it over, just turn it end to end.

The result of this will be a new, clean cutting surface becoming available under the blade path.

If you look closely, you'll see that the damage is NOT directly in the center of the strip, but is closer to one edge than the other.

(See photo illustration,  where the current damaged side has the red line, and if you turn the strip around, then the other half -- blue line -- is positioned along the blade path )

post-21408-0-31671500-1359260838_thumb.j

Just insert a small screwdriver under one end and pry/peel it off (it has adhesive) and rotate it 180*  (right to left, left to right) --   don't FLIP it over, just turn it end to end.

The result of this will be a new, clean cutting surface becoming available under the blade path.

If you look closely, you'll see that the damage is NOT directly in the center of the strip, but is closer to one edge than the other.

(See photo illustration,  where the current damaged side has the red line, and if you turn the strip around, then the other half -- blue line -- is positioned along the blade path )

thank you this is extremely helpful. i actually just realized this. with in the last 30 min i hooked up the vinyl cutter and started testing with the pen, i notice now that not all of the gouges are  under the cutting path, but some are. . i'll attach more images of the "Carnage" because the cutting strip is pretty messed up. 

i am not sure who installed tape over it, there is a thick tape with very sticky adhesive that went over this strip. is that installed by uscutter? i removed it in preparation to remove the strip. either i will be ordering a new strip or UScutter will be sending me a replacement. 

something horrific went on here.... it looks like the blade holder broke or, god knows what.... it went off onto the metal a few times. if uscutter rotated the cutting surface 180* and shipped it out to me. thats bs. but if the previous owner did this, then uscutter still should have installed a new strip. 

check out these images more carefully. remember. i have not ever used a blade on this machine, i received it today. 

post-35749-0-09240600-1359264179_thumb.j

post-35749-0-32974300-1359264180_thumb.j

post-35749-0-03163900-1359264182_thumb.j

OK, I don't know what else to tell you, Jessica, except to go ahead and get the replacement.

Everyone here should agree that a fresh cutting strip should have been part of the "refurb." process !!!

Oh, one other thing I should mention while you're getting this unit up and running ----- the set screw (stop) position for the right-hand pinch roller may be too far over.

I have posted previously about this, take a look :

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/37334-sc-issue-vinyl-crumples/?p=284146

OK, I don't know what else to tell you, Jessica, except to go ahead and get the replacement.

Everyone here should agree that a fresh cutting strip should have been part of the "refurb." process !!!

Oh, one other thing I should mention while you're getting this unit up and running ----- the set screw (stop) position for the right-hand pinch roller may be too far over.

I have posted previously about this, take a look :

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/37334-sc-issue-vinyl-crumples/?p=284146

yep! i know to keep the pinch roller needs to be over the feed roller on the bottom! learned that while doing some testing with a pen and paper :)

ok so the strip is torn i would like to know what to replace it with instead of at the company ,,do they have it in a store like double sided or single sided tape  , any ideas   thanks  

if you have a new teflon strip without adhesive just apply banner hem tape to one side - trim and stick.

Stuff is almost as handy as duct tape . . . .add felt to your squeegeees, stick down a cut strip, heck you can even hem banners with it.

I use hem tape to hold the max metal top on my workbench that way I don't have any exposed fasteners.

• Like 1

WOW... this was a huge help.

Does anyone know what Teflon strip i need for the USCutter SCPlotter (Sc 631E/No. 2201703)?

Do they come with a sticky back?

There are so many and I can not figure it out. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.