sanantoniodetail

unacceptable refurbished unit

No surprise at all . I would have made some money if anybody would have bet :)

When it comes to refurbished machines, we as a company here at USCutter have a fairly simple set of guidelines regarding the resale capabilities of them. A refurbished machine is basically a machine that is no longer in "new" condition and as such is not able to be sold as a new machine. We go through a thorough testing process and replace any parts that are determined to be damaged or unusable. The majority of refurbished machines have no problems, but sometimes an issue comes up where a part was overlooked during the repair process. When it is resold it might have some cosmetic damage but should be functional for the purpose of the item. Even if a person received the machine, did not open the box, and decided to send it back. As per our normal Return and Refund policy you are always welcome to contact us within 14 days of receiving the product to let us know there was an issue with the shipment. Even if you think the problem "might not be covered under warranty" it is still a good idea to give us a call as soon as possible so we can see what we can do to correct the issue. 

Below is the refurbished section of products we sell. Also, there is a brief explanation at the top of that page. Below is the copy/paste of that.

http://www.uscutter.com/Refurbished-Machines

"Welcome to the Refurbished Machines section of the USCutter website. Any machine that is returned to us for any reason is carefully examined. Most of these machines are returned because of shipping errors and some have very minor faults. They are fixed, tested, carefully repackaged and placed back on the market at a discounted price."

If you ever have an issue with a shipment, please feel free to give us a call so we can determine what needs to be done to resolve it and how best to handle it! Also, opening a ticket on our support site with clear pictures of damaged items is always going to be the best first step. :)

Thanks!

• Like 4

i got my replacement cutting strip today, it was 1 inch to short. it looks like it was the "end of the roll" because there is a stamp pattern and it is cut kind of jagged. i called and let them know they said send pictures and they will either:

A. send me a replacement
B. send me credit, i can use part of my old cutting strip to "splice in" and fill the 1 inch gap.

i have not received the end cap or dust cover yet. that was shipped from a separate location . keeping my fingers crossed that i dont have any more issues. :(

I disagree with the assumption of Jessica in the OP -

when i call , i expect the conversation to go alot like this "the unit is in used condition and reflects that, you should have bought the brand new unit" 

based on how others, in reviews on amazon and other sites, complain about lack of support i had an uneasy feeling about calling in. but after doing more research i found that i should be more positive about the issues.

uscutter has been doing a great job over the phone. having a 2nd issue with my order, the cutting strip arriving 1 inch to short, im not sure what to think.

i will not be filing a support ticket on their website for this. after i got off the phone i took an Xacto and cut off the "Stamped" area of the cutting strip, (looks like it was the end of the manufacture's roll stamped and cut at the end , 1 inch to short) and then overlay my old cutting strip, in an area where it was not scored, ontop of the new cutting strip and sliced the 2 together. this is not in a cutting area, this is at the "origin" stop area and it will not effect the cutters ability. i'd just like to post up that it was an issue and uscutter was more then ready to look at my photo and replace the cutting strip for me. 

uscutter isnt bad. i just apparently havent had the best luck with them. but i will be purchasing from them again thanks to their helpful staff and great attitude over the phone. 

• Like 2