fitbmxseries1

MH871 carrage only moves in one direction

I just received my mh871 got it all connected and tried to test it and the carriage wont move to the left, it only moves to the right. I tried in the offline mode to manually move it and it still only goes to the right. It wont move to the left when i push the button nothing seems to happen, no motor sound or anything. I moved it with my hand and its free, are there 2 motors on each side or is it just the one? Im thinking i may have to send it back right away?

The carriage is attached to a belt stretched along the top, and has a single motor that runs that function (another motor operates the lower grit rollers)

The end caps of that machine remove easily, if you want to peek in there and see if something is amiss.

This issue was resolved --- USCUTTER support advised him to look closely at the left kill switch along the top rail, and it turns out that micro-switch was being acutated inadvertently.

Sweeeeeeeeet.

This issue was resolved --- USCUTTER support advised him to look closely at the left kill switch along the top rail, and it turns out that micro-switch was being acutated inadvertently.

Sweeeeeeeeet.

Come to think about it ... I remember reading about that issue MANY times . The search feature is a bit quirky here , but seems it is not used much :)