Sign in to follow this  
allusion

Cutter Blades

I need to buy replacement blades for the first time.

How do I know what blades to buy?

Also - who has the best price?

Thanks

It would help if you said what cutter but go to us cutters web site and you should be able to find what you need by entering your cutter

call ross at cleancut blades  he will hook you up witht he best blades that will last a long time for any cutter.  they cost more but last a long time - I am going about a year on one of his blades now

call ross at cleancut blades  he will hook you up witht he best blades that will last a long time for any cutter.  they cost more but last a long time - I am going about a year on one of his blades now

What he said.  They really aren't that much more expensive, especially if you mention you saw it mentioned on the forums.  Their blades are superior to any others you will find with a similar price.  For my Graphtec, their list price is $16.50 per blade and with a 20% discount they are $13.20 each, and as I recall, that includes free S&H (don't quote me on that!).  The blades from US Cutter are 3 for $24.99 + $9 S&H, which works out to about $11.00 each, so they are (hang on, not good at math.... carry the one.... multiply by Pi....) about 20% more expensive, but they will last much longer, so you end up spending less over a long period of time.

I bought 3 blades 6 or 7 months ago and I'm still on the first one and it's still just as good as the day I put it in.   I use one of their 60° blades for all of my cutting (almost all of which is smaller, intricate work) and they let me cut really tiny pieces that come cleanly away from the weeded material.  After getting used to these, I can't imagine going back to using other blades.

just remember to start with too little blade and lower the pressure 30-40 percent  if not the blade may cut thru the material and break a tip = being harder to last longer means the tip is more brittle and will snap if you punch thru using the same settings,,, yes they are that sharp