theishkid

Weird J with some cuts... CE6000-60

I have not finished the entire manual yet so I apologize if it talks about this later on...
Graphtec CE6000-60
MacBook Pro running Flexi Starter 8.5

J

On all of my test cuts I am getting a really weird J that is cutting into the film (but not as deep as the rest of the cuts). It's also been on a few but not all of my designed cuts. And on some of those designed cuts it is on an area that is going to be weeded away so I don't think it's necessarily anything to do with the design.

Is this something anyone has seen before? Blade holder is clean, the cutter is cutting everything extremely well... But this happens every now and again.

Well I wasn't expecting Graphtec to respond so quickly... here is their reply in case anyone else finds this. I'll have to adjust the setting when I get home tonight.

"This is what we called initial blade action where the blade orientate itself, what you see if normal, you can change it so it won’t be in the cuts.  When ready, press Menu >> Tools >> UP arrow >> initial blade >> Outside >> Enter >> Menu."

• Like 1

When cutting with a CNC mill, you start with the spinning cutter away from the part and ramp into it in a circular motion. After it is done cutting, you ramp away in the same fashion.  

have you tried this?  When ready, press Menu >> Tools >> UP arrow >> initial blade >> Outside >> Enter >> Menu."

you do have a Pause menu,  with a lot of options there..  It will tell you more in your user manual. but it looks to be in

Special FUNCTIONS A

Blade tip initial position setting.

I do see that in the manual, however I don't know how to get to the setting. I am not seeeing it anywhere. I am looking at a menu tree as well.

When you are going thru your menu, see if you have BACK GROUND SETTINGS,,  or FUNCTION SETTINGS.  then click it.   Then there should be more options.

Its not in the standard menu, you have to access it by holding the down arrow while powering up the cutter. Thats why its "Special" lol

That is also the place to turn off your pinch rollers and measuring the width of the vinyl when the cutter starts.   I keep mine turned off.

That is also the place to turn off your pinch rollers and measuring the width of the vinyl when the cutter starts.   I keep mine turned off.

THIS is what i was just came on looking for!  Its killing me as I setup the CE6000, def turning that off. :)

I actually like it measuring the width of the vinyl, I like the way it communicates with Flexi to tell me exactly how much I have to work with... no more guessing games. I still need to set it to cut outside of the pinch rollers though.

I actually like it measuring the width of the vinyl, I like the way it communicates with Flexi to tell me exactly how much I have to work with... no more guessing games. I still need to set it to cut outside of the pinch rollers though.

Yes, this.  I would not mind it measuring my vinyl outside the rollers, that would be ok.  Still getting to those settings.  Learning curves are exhausting for my busy schedule!

I hear you... let me know when you find out where to set the cuts outside the wheels and still be able to measure!

It is in Special A tools.  You get there by turning on your machine while holding down the DOWN arrow.  , toggle thru the options.

Just bought Graphtec CE600-60 and discover this "J" mark. Thanks for the info how to get it out of the graphic.

• Like 1