Roberto Jaramillo

Hello, I have a problem with my cutter MH871-MK2. when I turn on the device, the screen is flashing on and off, and the base of the blade up and down

Hello, I have a problem with my cutter MH871-MK2. when I turn on the device, the screen is flashing on and off, and the base of the blade up and down without stopping by TIK TAK sound and the device does nothing more. Can anyone tell me if it really is the motherboard that needs replacing?  And has anyone had this same problem and could solve it?...  What is really the part that I need to replace?  Thanks.

I think it is more of a grounding problem, where the power plug itself isn't properly grounded at the electrical outlet.

• Like 1

Hello SLICE&DICE, I've already checked all the electrical connections and seen that all is well. Someone from USCutter Support told me that if they were not the electrical connections, then, was the motherboard. But I wanted to be safe. I thought someone from the forum would have had the same problem and knew the solution. Thank you very much. I will wait a few more days before buying the motherboard, to see if anyone read my question and can help me to solve it.  Thanks.

So, what was the result of your troubleshooting?

I had this same problem when connnecting the MH into a power inverter hooked up to a 12v outlet in my van (attempted to do a mobile cutting operation, for a local flea market) -- the unit went nuts, popping up and down and flashing the display.

By simply changing the power cord the problem disappeared and the machine operated properly.

What can I say? Gremlins do exist.

I had the same issue with my SC. Final diagnosis was motherboard failure and the at USC took care of it under warranty. Since I couldn't afford to be without a cutter I had to purchase a new one then upon satisfactory inspection they refunded my money.

Now IF you are under warraty, DO NOT under any circumstances open the machine. If you do then your warranty is void, from what I was told.

Best of luck.

Mine is doing the same thing. I’ve already tried different outlets. I purchased from an individual. Where can I get a motherboard? How much are they? Thank you!

looks like they only have 2 of the 3-4 models of mainboard that has been used over the years - make sure to compare the board in YOUR machine to the ones pictured to see if it is the same one - they have also raised the price considerably - I am lead to believe watching this for the past few months that replacement parts are not going to be as readily available as they have been for the first 12+ years uscutter was around

Have you attempted to use another power cable? Try using one that does not have the grounding plug (or, alternatively, snap the third rounded prong off with a pair of pliers, leaving just the two spades).

snapping the ground pin off is never a good idea and if that does "fix" the problem, you have more serious wiring problems in the machine or the building.

• Like 1