teamnrgllc

LaserPoint 2 Blade Doesn't Lift when cutting

I'm using a MacBook Pro and the Laserpoint 2 Cutter. The cutter and my computer communicate just fine, where i'm having an issue is when the cutter is cutting the blade doesn't lift up off of the vinyl. For example; when I'm cutting a word it cuts the letters out and cuts from letter to letter as well. Anyone have a solution that can help?

Thanks.

You'll need to troubleshoot with USCUTTER support, it could be anything from a Z-chip failure to an improperly seated blade holder.

or not activating SCALPro .

I was having that issue to. I adjusted the blade and it fixed it.

I am using a MAC desktop and have noticed when I am cutting a huge list of names, it does the same thing you are experiencing. 

In addition to that, very recently, when cutting a project, the machine will cut, but when it finishes the project, it just stops, blade down, and does not return to home/original position as I have it set to do in the settings. I have tried switching to another setting (advance an inch after cutting) to see if the cutter will recognize the setting , but it still just stops in place when it's done with a project.

I have to shut the machine off and turn it back on in order for the blade to lift and return to home position.  :wacko:

Any idea why it's doing this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks