Sign in to follow this  
constricted

TC Series + Keyspan + OSX 10.7.5 + SCAL 3 Pro = Not cutting?? HELP Plz

My setup is as follows :

50" USCutter TC Series

Keyspan adapter

Macbook Pro running OSX 10.7.5

Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro

So I just got my TC series, downloaded & installed the keyspan driver, installed Sure Cuts A Lot from the cd (after the install I was prompted for an update, so I ran the update, and then entered the provided serial key). I can get the cutter to do the factory test cut, which seems to work perfect and weeds out nice. My problem is when I send a file to the TC to be cut from Sure Cuts A lot , the TC's display says "Now Is Cutting…" and nothing happens.. I've tried resetting the cutter, restarting my macbook.. I'm really not sure what the problem is.. I'd like to get this bad boy up and running soon

Maybe if you posted screen shots, of your set up,  computer and SCALP...somebody could help you more.

And you did activate your SCALP software. Correct?

I already gave my computer info in the original post.. Here is the info again:
Macbook Pro running OSX 10.7.5

USCutter TC Series 50" + Keyspan

I activated SCAL through the software (entered name + serial key)..

Here are some screenshots : 

scal_1.jpg

this shows that i have the tc selected as my cutter

scal_2.jpg
and this shows that I have activated the software (i blurred out my last name and the serial key)

anyone??

Have you contacted USCUTTER tech support with your problem?  They can remote your computer and get you going? You could be waiting here a long time for an answer. Tech support rarely comes to the forum.

I haven't contacted tech support yet. I work until 9pm every day so I guess I'll have to wake up a little earlier than usual to give them a call

I might try hooking it up to an old PC with windows XP tonight just to see if everything is working well

I haven't contacted tech support yet. I work until 9pm every day so I guess I'll have to wake up a little earlier than usual to give them a call

I might try hooking it up to an old PC with windows XP tonight just to see if everything is working well

They are open now...USCUTTER is on Pacific time...

update : called customer service, and they remote controlled my mac.. they checked my settings and everything looked correct so they told me to switch over to usb... it turns out i didn't need the keyspan adapter (what a waste of 30 bucks)

it's been working off usb since yesterday.. heres a decal i made quick last night (its 8 inches wide)

image.jpg

Great they got it going for you.... just hope it stays great, if you decide to do larger designs 6-7ft or larger.. or very detailed designs...that will be the make or break...  that TC cutter has a bit more memory than most, so hopefully you can continue cutting A-ok,,  stay positive..

If you really don't feel you need the keyspan, put it up for sale. There are plenty of new people buying cutters everyday, that could use it.

Yea I'm a little worried about how it will do on larger runs running off usb. I was going to hook it up to a PC via serial connection to be safe but none of my old computers have a serial connection, lol

the nj outline in that design has a ton of nodes and it cut just fine. I'm going to buy some plotter paper and test some large runs on it.. i'll keep my fingers crossed until then

Yea I'm a little worried about how it will do on larger runs running off usb. I was going to hook it up to a PC via serial connection to be safe but none of my old computers have a serial connection, lol

the nj outline in that design has a ton of nodes and it cut just fine. I'm going to buy some plotter paper and test some large runs on it.. i'll keep my fingers crossed until then

"I was going to hook it up to a PC via serial connection to be safe but none of my old computers have a serial connection, lol"

Uhhh..That is where the keyspan adapter comes in again..  :rolleyes:    connect it to the serial cable that came with your cutter.

Sorry, and no offense intended, but that is a pretty basic decal you cut above.. Any cutter, should  be able cut that. You have a 50" cutter, you want to be able to use, at least most of the 50", If you need to.

When you have a cutter that can cut something like this.  and no stopping, or losing memory, and perfect cuts,

Then you know you have  a good cutter. and no sweating on jobs... ;D

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/34161-wizard-decals-done-today/?hl=%2Bdo+%2Byou+%2Bthink+%2Bweeded

I know how to use the keyspan adapter, I just didn't think that the keyspan adapter was functioning correctly.. that is why I was looking to use a direct serial connection. lol  :unsure:

No offense taken--  You are correct, it is very basic decal that any cutter should be able to cut.. I simply stated that the outline of new jersey had many nodes and it cut nice.. (giving me some hope that the usb connection will suffice for larger runs)

I would really appreciate if you could post up the file that you cut so I can see how the TC cuts it.. 

I know how to use the keyspan adapter, I just didn't think that the keyspan adapter was functioning correctly.. that is why I was looking to use a direct serial connection. lol  :unsure:

No offense taken--  You are correct, it is very basic decal that any cutter should be able to cut.. I simply stated that the outline of new jersey had many nodes and it cut nice.. (giving me some hope that the usb connection will suffice for larger runs)

I would really appreciate if you could post up the file that you cut so I can see how the TC cuts it.. 

Sorry, but that file is copyrighted.  But,, good luck with the rest..

so my tc is cutting good, i just have a weird issue...  if i cut something, then try a second cut no data is sent to the plotter. the only thing I've found to workaround this is I have to unplug the usb from my macbook and reconnect it, or unplug the usb and reconnect it to the other usb port on my macbook. I have to do this after every single cut, and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries for it to work.. what's the deal with this???

If I am cutting something on my Graphtec, I always turn my cutter off, and back on, so as to dump the data from the last order. Sounds like your doing the same thing.   Disconnecting the USB is also doing the same thing. You cannot just keep dumping data on top of data.  Is that what you are referring to or something different?

Have you tried ,just turning your cutter off and back on?

this is what i'm trying to say.. i cut something on white vinyl, unload my vinyl, put in a different color vinyl and now want to cut a new design... i have to go through the discconnecting and reconnecting usb to get it to send new data to the plotter

even if i dont unload my vinyl and just want to cut a second design thats different i have to go through the usb disconnect/reconnect ordeal or cycle the plotter off/on..

i have a small graphtec craftrobo and i can keep sending new designs to it and it never has this problem..

i know i could just unplug it or cycle the power off/on but then i need to reset my origin point (im using small vinyl right now).. it really kills my efficiency, i could be cutting twice the amount of vinyl or weeding some peices if i didn't have to do this..

shouldn't i be able to send new data to the plotter without having to do all this?  you would think that the plotter would automatically dump the old data once it gets a signal to receive the new data? i got the TC because it was supposed to have a good amount of memory compared to the others, and i'm only cutting small 6-10 inch decals at a time

Your dealing with 2 totally different cutters and cutter programs.   That is more of a question for tech support.  They know how these cutters operate and what programs are in them..  Motherboard etc.  And what they are capable of doing.   Ask tech support your question.