geekinesis

pcut cto630 corel plugin - overcut/blade offset not working

Hello

I am trying to get blade offset and overcut working in the corel plugin for pcut cutters

Ive tried exactly the same artwork and settings in 'sure cuts a lot", using exaggerated settings and everything works fine, showing the overcut is working.

When I use the corel plugin with either standard or the same exaggerated setting for overcut or blade outset, nothing changes. The settings are having no effect no matter which value I put in. So i know its a software issue rather than a hardware issue.

Is anyone using this plugin succesfully?

I just purchased the MH 721-MK2 Plotter and am running Corel Draw X3 and have only been using it for a week (Christmas Gift) and I too notice that I'm getting these tags at the start and stop of the cuts. It sounds like the same "overcut/blade offset issue you are having...is it the same? It has really affected my weeding and tears.

I am considering editing the vector lines to overrun each other, but this would take quite some time...I have already edited to make rounded corners in some cases to make weeding easier.

Jerry 

I just purchased the MH 721-MK2 Plotter and am running Corel Draw X3 and have only been using it for a week (Christmas Gift) and I too notice that I'm getting these tags at the start and stop of the cuts. It sounds like the same "overcut/blade offset issue you are having...is it the same? It has really affected my weeding and tears.

I am considering editing the vector lines to overrun each other, but this would take quite some time...I have already edited to make rounded corners in some cases to make weeding easier.

Jerry 

So what cutting software are you using?   Corel Draw x3 is not cutting software...   You may want to purchase a cutting software like Flexistarter10, that has the over cut feature in it.  It can also turn your MH cutter into a contour cutting machine.  Can be had for under $130 on EBAY.

I think there is an updated version of the plugin somewhere but in the end I gave up on it as I am not convinced its the best way to go.

I use sure cuts a lot instead for cutting, I just create my svg files in inkscape or illustrator (or corel) and just use SCAL for cutting. Its worth the few dollars it costs and does all the overcuts and corner adjustments as well.