Sign in to follow this  
LMG0822

Newbie - Please Help

Hello.  I have been researching different vinyl cutters for over a month now and still have no clue which one I should get.  I have found that there are good and bad reviews on basically every company and every machine.  

Im trying to keep the price at $600 or less.

I make (and sell) wreaths, signs, decorations, etc..As my business is growing I now have a higher need for a vinyl machine.   I want a machine so that I can do my own customizing instead of having to get someone else to cut my stickers (Of names, quotes, etc)  

My husband is a sports coach, so I was hoping to also be able to make things such as magnets, decals, signs for his team

Basically, I would mainly use the machine for smaller objects (20" or less), but I want to have the capability of making something larger (48" or so)if possible

Another question I have is - (I hope this makes sense)  Does a larger machine do just as well with smaller projects as the smaller machine.  For example, would a 12" decal look the same if cut with a 54" cutter vs a 28" cutter?  Would the lines/curves be as sharp?

Any advice is welcomed!  Thanks in advance!!

Hello.  I have been researching different vinyl cutters for over a month now and still have no clue which one I should get.  I have found that there are good and bad reviews on basically every company and every machine.  

Im trying to keep the price at $600 or less.

I make (and sell) wreaths, signs, decorations, etc..As my business is growing I now have a higher need for a vinyl machine.   I want a machine so that I can do my own customizing instead of having to get someone else to cut my stickers (Of names, quotes, etc)  

My husband is a sports coach, so I was hoping to also be able to make things such as magnets, decals, signs for his team

Basically, I would mainly use the machine for smaller objects (20" or less), but I want to have the capability of making something larger (48" or so)if possible

Another question I have is - (I hope this makes sense)  Does a larger machine do just as well with smaller projects as the smaller machine.  For example, would a 12" decal look the same if cut with a 54" cutter vs a 28" cutter?  Would the lines/curves be as sharp?

Any advice is welcomed!  Thanks in advance!!

Do you own a computer with a serial port?

If so, then you can just buy an SC 34" machine, and run it with a serial connection which is a stable data transfer method, and the SC works fine for what you'll ask of it.

Always remember, when your budget is $600, take into consideration that there are other expenses beyond the cutter itself (vinyl rolls, magnet material, sign blanks & substrates, tools & cutting mat, etc.)

The answer to your question about different size cutters operating the same (providing the same results) the answer is yes.

Ok.  Thanks for your response!  Would you recommend buying a package with supplies from USCutter (I have seen them on their site as well as, ebay and amazon)  Or should I purchase them separately.  Possibly from other places?

I have a pcut and am very satisfied with it . I don't belive I would buy a bundle I would buy the vinyl separate a minimum of oracal 651 . With a 24 inch machine you can cut as large as you want even larger than 48 inches you just have to tile your cuts . I would buy my supplys from us cutter they have very reasonable prices and the flat rate shipping can't be beat . Sometimes companys will have a sale on supplys and you can save a good amount sign up for us cutters news letter it comes every Tuesday and usaly has specials offered . Signwarehouse and signs plus banners, Florida graphics etc also have specials so it would not hurt to sign up for offers from several suppliers .

Dan

Ps whatever cutter you get get a stand with it .

i have the 34" sc  but i use a usb connection with "sure cuts a lot " on my laptop  havent had any problem, i bought a refub and saved a ton ,  like SLICE  said   with the sc you have cash left over to buy  the tools  and vinyl  transfer tape you need as well

• Like 1