motoxchic

What are you favority weeding tools?

I am interested in what you use most? 

What is your go to tool for most general weeding?

Works best for small, tedious jobs, such as inside text and fine detail?

How many tools do you keep handy? 

Seems to be so many types of tools.  I cant really see using ALL of them.  Would like to have a rounded supply of what works best.  I have the USC weeding tool kit right now, looking to add some more...maybe the dental tool type or these?

http://www.grifhold.com/catalog.asp?prodid=681005&showprevnext=1

I also use Harbor Freight weeding tools . They have a 4 pack with orange plastice handles that I like better than what John linked . They sell them for 99 cents a set at times ( I know , I am not " Professional " because I did not spend much more to do the same job .... :lol: ) . I have 2 sets in Crownsville & 2 sets at the farm in WV . I have a couple sets of what John linked but use the plactic handled picks more , probably because it is easier to spot where I last laid them down at :) . I always had scissors nearby until cutting with SCALPro , the weeding line options are incredible !!! Weeding has never been easier .

I have a full compliment of dental picks but always go back to just using a rubber grip exacto with a dull point, sharp blade.

I actually tap the point on the metal edge of my desk before I use it. Makes it sharp enough to pop out small pieces of vinyl but not too sharp to punch through the backing paper.

my favorite weeding tool is my wife - when that one is on the blink I use a sharp x-acto 

• Like 1

my favorite weeding tool is my wife - when that one is on the blink I use a sharp x-acto 

lol

I have the USC weed kit, might need to give the tweezers a try.  The ones with the magnifier make me cross eyed. 

Bannerjohn - thanks for the link.  headed to HF today to get some dental picks (and a Trim Guard :thumbsup: )

Dull blade exacto people...so the tip is as pointy as new, but you dull the tip and the blade?

I've had good luck with a very sharp pointed tweezer. When it gets dull, I just bring the point back with a honing stone. You can jab and pick out the smallest pieces of vinyl.

lol

I have the USC weed kit, might need to give the tweezers a try.  The ones with the magnifier make me cross eyed. 

Bannerjohn - thanks for the link.  headed to HF today to get some dental picks (and a Trim Guard :thumbsup: )

Dull blade exacto people...so the tip is as pointy as new, but you dull the tip and the blade?

HF has a nice tweezer set on sale right now too

I've had good luck with a very sharp pointed tweezer. When it gets dull, I just bring the point back with a honing stone. You can jab and pick out the smallest pieces of vinyl.

YES, the jabbing and picking is what I think i am missing (or trying to do) with the tools I am using. 

lol

You can move the magnifying glass up or down to change how much it magnifies.....wasnt sure if you knew that or not.

The pointed tip on either is really nice. I just pinch a corner and it pulls it right up for me to grab and peel. Same for little things, I did 3 American flags at about 4" overall width and had to pick all the stars out of all 3....took no time at all with those pointed twizzers

Mostly, the  exacto, but the blue one my wife gets these from the hospital, very sharp, light weight, and the orange one wraps around my finger, basically like a pencil, i use that for jobs that have ALOT of weeding, works great. 

post-25991-0-50078400-1358208681_thumb.j

I was looking for vinyl on ebay weeks ago and found a 4-piece set of dental pik's..All metal, different pitch(angles) had to teach myself to "steady" my nimble fingers, but

they are the cat's meow..Paid $9.00 w/free shipping..cant complain as I too used exacto to razor knives..

a pointed set of tweezers with a 90 degree bend down to the tips.  Plus a large magnifying desk lamp.  On occasion an exacto knife.

Pointed, thin tweezers work best for me...not very long ones like USCutter sells...bought mine at the store...pretty sure they're made by Revlon.