rallymatt

Cannot make PCut 630 Cut Clean

Hello,

I posted a while back after receiving my cutter, and then sort of didnt get a lot of time to play with it. No though, I've spent the last 4 or 5 hours trying to get my cutter setup properly.

The problem is, no matter what, I cannot make it close cuts. It leaves little entrance trails before cutting small letters, and does not close things like the insides of A's and other quick cuts.

Ken sent me a new blade holder a few months back, and that seemed to help A BIT but not enough that it is really usable for small stuff (3 and 4 inch logos).

I have tried changing the blade offset from 0.0 all the way to .50. I have tried pressures between 90 and 160 in tiny increments. I have adjusted the blade a thousand times.

I removed my cutting strip, and tried with the strip. Currently it is removed.

What am I missing? How can I make this thing cut clean so I do not have to exacto EVERY letter in order to weed it.

:huh:

I just got a cutter back that was doing something similar, and there wasn't a part I could replace to make it better. I think it has something to do with the wiring. Not sure if your is the same, but after everything we have tried, I am leaning that way. Would you like to send it back for service?

I just got a cutter back that was doing something similar, and there wasn't a part I could replace to make it better. I think it has something to do with the wiring. Not sure if your is the same, but after everything we have tried, I am leaning that way. Would you like to send it back for service?

Ken, I PM'd you.

i used winpcsign for mine and i think i know what you are talking about, not sure if the plotting screen is the same but, adjust the knife offset and do a few tests, with single letters, nothing big so that you dont waste any more vinyl. this should close your letters and help greatly with weeding,

hope that is the solution

Mine does that with the blade in the inside hole for some reason it make dotted cuts

in the outside hole it is ok , when it is cutting  it cuts ok but lately there is not alot

of cutting going on  it as alot of issues

For jagged cuts you need to set the blade depth correctly and the pressure. Make sure the blade is barely sticking out of the blade holder and tat you use a pressure setting of 120-150.