Sign in to follow this  
my4turtles

dye rotor hopper skin for paintball

Im back after being gone for some time due to health issues and in that time my husband and kids have taken up Paintball... so now i have to look for paintball designs.. Also im looking for the skin for the rotor hopper that goes on the gun.. If any one can help

Being in the paintball industry and playing professionally for a few years in my college days.. As of right now I have yet to find a skin template for the Rotor. For the time it would take to lay one out, design it, cut it, apply it, etc; you're probably better off picking up a new shell online for ~$40 and transferring the impellor/black drive tray inside.

If you need some more help with paintball stuff let me know. :)

Although buying a new shell would most definitely be easier. It wouldnt be nearly as fun. There are ways to make your own template from something like this. It might be a fun gift for them. What I would do is lay some masking tape or app tape over the part you want to make a template of and trace and trim until it fits. Then scan the piece of tape and import into your program of choice. You might need to add a scale to the scan so you can make sure its to scale when you do the design.

Its great to be back,

Brian my husband said where can you get the shells for $40 ? also Coaster36 that is a great idea i might have to try that amd see how much off my hair i end up pulling out

Here is a site that has all the parts.. Not $40 but close to it for a brand new shell on here.

If you can get in with a Dye dealer in your area I know the cost on a full shell is only $28.

For a new pattern like you are wanting I take 1/8 inch grid scientific graph paper and tape it to the item and trim and trace. When you take it off you have the exact layout with reference lines. :ph34r: