NichoDesign

New GraphTec CE-6000 24/40/60/120 Any Info on it?

Sorry to double post again but I accidently posted this in Request Customer Support Forum instead of Discussion.

I was in the market to buy a 5000 when I noticed a 6000 in the wild and not much info on it or specs..

GraphTec site doesn't list it either.

graphtec-ce6000-120.jpg

$50 more than the CE5000-60 and free shipping...at Coastal. I am sure they will be selling them at USCutter soon...

Actually they do have them here at UScutter for $1745, same price as Coastal.

$50 more than the CE5000-60 and free shipping...at Coastal. I am sure they will be selling them at USCutter soon...

Actually they do have them here at UScutter for $1745, same price as Coastal.

You might want to look again..  USCUTTER  site   Unless they made a big error on price.

$1745 is for the CE6000-40  15"

+800 is for the CE6000-60  24"

+1600 is for the CE6000-120   48"

http://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-CE-6000-Vinyl-Cutter-Bundle

The Graphtec CE6000 professional cutting plotters update the extremely successful CE3000Mk2 series with improved features, as well as a cleaner, "greener" electronic design and manufacturing process to minimize the environmental impact of the equipment throughout its life cycle.

The new CE6000 offers outstanding performance at a reasonable cost and moves the cutting capabilities of the CE series nearer to those of Graphtec GB's flagship FC8000 series but without the need for a huge additional investment.

You might want to look again..

$1745 is for the CE6000-40  15"

+800 is for the CE6000-60  24"

+1600 is for the CE6000-120   48"

No, I think USCutter made a mistake, I also found the 24" CE6000-60 at a few other websites for $1745..

No, I think USCutter made a mistake, I also found the 24" CE6000-60 at a few other websites for $1745..

probably, so,  I thought it was kinda high... :huh:   Might as well buy an FC at that price.

Graphtec is most likely going to discontinue the CE5000 and replace them with the CE6000 series and that should mean that there will be some deep discounting on the 5000's to get rid of them.

Another thing that is great about running a Graphtec is, you can run it on USB connection, without any problems.  And I have never had static problems either.

I am surprised no one cares about their GraphTecs' PR or site.  No where does it say they released it. 

Not in their Product Line, not in their News Feed, but they do talk about other stuff they launched.

To me that's unprofessional or cheap.  The unprofessional part, maybe they have a an agenda
to push as much 5000 series cutters as they can and clear stock.  The other cheap part is they cannot
afford a webmaster to update products.

I'm not bashing them but it's odd, usually you want to make as much noise as possible when releasing
a product and not keep your buyers in the dark.

Graphtec is most likely going to discontinue the CE5000 and replace them with the CE6000 series and that should mean that there will be some deep discounting on the 5000's to get rid of them.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the deep discounts - I am willing to bet they are working the stock down and even now they are cheaper enough than the roland gx-24 that they outsell them by a big margin.  on usc I would say they had to make a mistake as the ce3000-60-mk2 was a generation back before this one and how could you sell this one for $800 more than you competitors.

On graphtecs part if you hold of on a major announcement until the supply chain is full you sell off your old stock and don't frustrate customers when orders are delayed - a 2 fold plus

Looks like USCutter has the prices fixed now. I'm wondering if their specs are right though, I found a PDF for the 6000 a week ago that talks about higher force in the 60 model. I'm still about a month out before I'm ready to upgrade from a PCut... hopefully we'll see some reviews by then.

There's a 2 page flyer floating around/pdf, probably the same one you looked at as I did. It has the specs that I already listed and this other page here talking about down-pressure/etc, the 60 has the same 300, the 120 has the 400+...

gai-ce6000-brochure.jpg

Just a thought....If you look at that.. It is a spec sheet  for  Graphtec Japan.. 

NOT Graphtec America...which would be sold here.  

Graphtec makes different models, of their Graphtecs 

The Japan CE5000-120 is model AP       Graphtec America model is CE5000-120  AKZ

Just like they make the different models for Signwarehouse. with their branding on them..

Just my 2c on it.    

• Like 1

I hear you on the rebranding, it's a definite possibility. I just thought it was weird that they would keep the same downforce as the 5000, but yet they talk about how the 6000 gets even closer to the FC line. I'm just surprised that graphtec hasn't mentioned it yet. But maybe they are waiting to get rid of existing inventory. 

Spoke to a rep from Graphtec USA today. The CE6000-60 is definitely 300 grams of force.

I just got my CE6000-60 from Heat Transfer Warehouse. I hammered them on the price they would give me a ce5000 for $1450 and I bought my ce6000-60 for $1645 with free shipping. I decided to go for the newer model.

Well that was nice of them. I'm hoping USCutter will have some kind of incentive like they did with the CE5000. But I'm also considering an FC8000 for $3000 at Adorama.

Well this is odd... Adorama no longer has the FC8000, which they probably weren't an authorized dealer anyway so there goes my hopes of the higher end model. But now USCutter doesn't have the CE6000. They either sold out or they are halting order until Graphtec officially announces the model "later this week" from what a rep told me.

Hmmm went there a minute ago and it said unavailable under the price. Must have been a server glitch as it is working now.

Well the problem is very few places has the ce6000. I only know of 2 places that has it. And Heat Transfer Warehouse was the only place willing to make a deal with me. I called uscutter and they flat out said they would not come down on the price even to match the price I had got from HTW.

Also the the ce5000 is no longer being made once supplies are gone thats it. I would think there is an incentive to deal on the ce5000's being HTW had them on the site for $1695 and said they would sell me one for $1450. I just decided $100 off the new model was a better deal for me. And the lit bigger screen on the ce6000 is pretty sweet.