mojo_13

Buying transfer tape sample rolls

Just ordered my cutter and now getting ready to get the other supplies. I am going to be getting some Oracal 651 and have been looking at different transfer tapes. The Rtape, Greenstar,  and Perfectear are the ones that I have been looking at, but being that I am just starting I was wondering if there are any places that I can buy sample rolls of any or all of these. All of the ones that I have seen are 100 yards. I thought I had seen some places that sold these in 100' rolls but now can't seem to find them. I would like to try some of each of these and see which works best for me. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

this is sample 100ft.  That is all I see.  Possibly you could contact the companies themselves for samples. On R-Tape Or Main tape.

http://www.uscutter.com/GreenStar-Layflat-Classic-Transfer-Tape-Medium-Tack-Assorted-Widths-Sample-Rolls

http://www.uscutter.com/GreenStar-Clear-Transfer-Tape-High-Tack-Assorted-Widths-Sample-Rolls

I actually prefer Main Perfect Tear medium tack paper tape,  and I have used R-Tape before, and switched to Main.  I think it lays nicer.

Good question. And there's no wrote answer for it.

If you're new to this, you simply must go through all the "tactile feels" of what will eventually will make you money.

Excellent question, because it points out a question for other newbs.

Thanks Skeeter I knew I had seem them on some site. I also just emailed both companies to see if I would be able to buy a sample roll from them. I'm just wanting to try out as many as I can to see what works and what doesn't for me. Appreciate the help.