blackpaws

Is your tech team really support or just sales?

my cutter did not come with a null modem serial cable.... it only had a usb cable in the box  :-(   I bought my SC cutter new from US Cutter

Okay! I got the null modem adapter. Now instead of getting an error message when I click Cut, it just sends the output to cutter, but it never starts cutting! Ill try to look around the forum here for a solution

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dakotagrafx" data-cid="296726" data-time="1357341006"><p>

Don't forget the wd-40 boys</p></blockquote>

And the crescent wrench and bigger hammer

Does anyone have anymore ideas? As of now, it just "sends output to cutter" but the cutter doesn't do anything. It works fine on straight USB, but not when I switch it from USB-Serial, even with the null modem adapter. 

Does anyone have anymore ideas? As of now, it just "sends output to cutter" but the cutter doesn't do anything. It works fine on straight USB, but not when I switch it from USB-Serial, even with the null modem adapter. 

did you ever purchase a REAL Keyspan Adapter?   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-Serial-Adapter-USA-19HS-/120420154018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0999baa2

I didn't! I just got the USB To Serial, then the null modem adapter? Do I need the keyspan adapter also? I assumed the null modem adapter would work in place of the Keyspan. 

I suggest buying 1 from USC .

That is why I suggested buying from USC to eliminate some variables . I know you did not want to wait & I would not have either . If you can install a serial port in your computer , direct serial to serial works great for me ( Radio Shack $15 cable ) . If not order a cable from USC .

It was listed further up the page

• photo-thumb-9869.png?_r=0
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Mz SKEETER, on 04 Jan 2013 - 15:14, said:snapback.png

A real  KEYSPAN actually has the name KEYSPAN on it..  That is the brand name... KEYSPAN  made by

Tripp Lite  and it has been written hundreds of times in this forum to either go serial cable, or get a KEYSPAN ADAPTER,  I have written it many, many  times myself...

http://www.uscutter....-Serial-Adapter

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c0999baa2

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16812999081

I couldnt have said it better myself. Lots of manufacturers put out garbage adapters that will sometimes work and other times not work. IF you are using an MH series cutter and you intend to cut on the serial connection you ABSOLUTELY need a null modem serial cable to go with it. That null modem serial cable comes with the cutter, but if for some reason you do not have it you will need to go get one. Or you can simply cut on the usb connection. The only reason the usb connection is inferior is because it is fragile. If you trip on the usb cable your usb port in the cutter is likely broken.

Okay, so I JUST need the keyspan adapter? That's it? Or Keyspan with a serial-serial cord also? I just want to be 100% sure because if that's all I'll need then I'll return all this other stuff to Radio Shack

THANK YOU!!!! To everyone (except US Cutter support, who was ZERO help)!!! I finally got it to work, I'm as happy as can be right now :) I even cut the larger file that I was having issues with before and it just cut now without any issues. Thank you all again! 

I should mention that I ordered that keyspan adapter off ebay, and am using it with the null modem adapter that I got from Radioshack. I had to take off 2 screws from the null modem piece because they were interfereing with it connecting to the keyspan adapter. Once I installed the driver and hooked the cables up, I had to go back to the device manager and changed the com port and switched it to "Hardware", and ta-da! 

Thank you all again, it is so so so much appreciated!! :) :) :)