sink

Copam + SCAL peeling vinyl up while cutting

I'm using a copam cp2500 and SCAL on a mac 10.8.2 and am having nothing but problems.  It will cut a good file every now and then.  It's crazy.  

So what it mostly does is IF it starts cutting without shooting my vinyl out of the back of the cutter, then it will cut really jagged edges around letters and corners, like it's peeling up and then some of the spots actually will peel up and stick to the blade as it's going through.  

The depth is not cutting through the back paper, only the vinyl just fyi....

Help....

• Like 1

Offset , blade sharpness , foreign material in blade holder are common problems that cause that . Do you have the offset in the software & on your Copam ? 1 needs to be zero .

absolute least blade possible, oil blade holder to the blade turns freely, quality vinyl doesn't do that as bad as the cheaper stuff. and like Roger said a good sharp 60 degree blade - if your cuts are not shaped funny I don't think offset will help.  not sure if scal had the overcut setting like flexi (that computer isn't up right now to check) add to the over cut by a couple of tenths

Thank you!  I'll try all of that and yes there is an overcut setting however I'm new to the software and wasn't sure what it was for.  My offset was 30 on the machine and 20 on the software.  I'll try zero on one of them.

YW , I had the same problem when  1rst using SCALPro &  then checked the offset . I use .25 in the Copam settings with great results .

• Like 1

I changed my offset in SCAL to 0 and offset to .25 on the cutter.  Changed out my 45 blade to a 60 and bam - cut perfect.  Bless you!  :)  I really appreciate your help!

I mainly use 45 degree blades . I'll use 60s when cutting reflecticve etc . I bought a ton of 45 & 60 degree blades thru USC's e-bay auctions ( CHEAP ) .

I mainly use 45 degree blades . I'll use 60s when cutting reflecticve etc . I bought a ton of 45 & 60 degree blades thru USC's e-bay auctions ( CHEAP ) .

Those were the days when Ken would list them for under a dollar!

I changed my offset in SCAL to 0 and offset to .25 on the cutter.  Changed out my 45 blade to a 60 and bam - cut perfect.  Bless you!   :)  I really appreciate your help!

I had the offset setting in SCALPro jump back to .30 mm all by itself today ..I reset it to 0 & after opening & closing SCALPro several times, the setting has stayed the same . I'll probably take notice the offset value every time I start to send something to the cutter from now on :)

Hey guys quick question. I'm fairly new to the whole process of all of this. I have been doing it for about 6 months or so. I just recieved my copam and I am having the same problems. I'm running three cutters off of scalp. A sc series a tc series and now my copam. So when I send my cut job the different cutters I have to select the cutter and the com port. No big deal but I'm having the jagged line issue on the copam can I set my cutter at zero offset and my software at 25 so I don't have to keep switching it? Also I'm having a little issue with my sc cutting some jagged lines on lettering that it didn't use to do. I'm currently running 45 degree blades in all my cutters but it sounds like I need to switch? Thanks in advance for the help

Joey

Offset should be able to be run through software w/o issue. Jagged lines may be too much blade, too much speed, wrong or damaged blade or ? ? ? As for blades all of my cutters run 60' cleancut blades and there is a real difference between these and the cheap ones.

• Like 2