Sign in to follow this  
paulzeee

OSX 10.8.2 XQuartz/Inkscape

I'm trying to get Inkscape to work on 10.8.2. From what I've found you need to install XQuartz (X11 replacement). I'm having issues with this for some reason.

I can't find anything on the Xquartz wiki so I'm asking here: does anyone know where this installs to? I can't find it in my applications. When I try to launch Inkscape it asks to be directed to X11 or something related (Xquartz), but I can't find where it lives.

Any help is appreciated,

-Paul

• Like 1

Found it in Utilties, but it just opens a terminal window and sits. Any idea how to get this to run with Xquartz?

Edit: It works. Carry on :)

Found it in Utilties, but it just opens a terminal window and sits. Any idea how to get this to run with Xquartz?

Edit: It works. Carry on :)

I have 8.2 but use a windows machine for my design and cutting../but just in case, how about some further explanation?

I had a hole lot of issues with this at first but I remember the first time I loaded up Inkscape it took quite awhile to start up

I don't remember what really happened on the back end, It just started working after a few tries. Has been working fine since